Hello from Texas

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KDXPhil
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Hello from Texas

Post by KDXPhil »

Hello, I’m Phil as the user name would indicate and located in Texas greater Houston and Bastrop areas. I've just gotten a 05 kdx220. It had some mods done when I got it. It has a relatively new Wiseco piston and FMF Full Exhaust System with Powercore 2 & Gnarly Desert Pipe. I think I would like to trade out the desert pipe for a woods pipe, since that is the type riding I plan on doing. I grew up riding an old Yamaha endure 90 stripped of lights in NC. For the last 25 years or so I have been street riding in Texas, but am just now getting back to playing in the dirt. It is really good to have a great resource like this and I’m glad to be here. Any words of advice , pointers, tips, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Phil
05 KDX220r
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Texas

Post by bufftester »

First, welcome to the forums. Never ridden the Bastrop area, but did get the chance to ride up around Austin a few years back, lots of fun. Generally the desert pipe is a better fit for the 220, with the woods pipe more suited to a 200. You don't lose anything on the bottom end with the desert pipe, but you do gain some valuable top end real estate. I would suggest riding it for a season before dropping a bunch of money on a pipe...that money would be much better spent springing the bike to your weight first- easily the best thing you can do for your riding experience. Either way, enjoy and welcome!
KDXPhil
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by KDXPhil »

Good to know! Thanks for the words of wisdom - I will hold off on the pipe and see how it goes. I'll do some searching on the springs.

Thanks!
05 KDX220r
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
two-stroke-brit
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Hello from Texas

Post by two-stroke-brit »

HEY hello buddy, :butthead: . thats good news about the pipe :bravo: did you try on the boots yet.
when i come over to tinker,we will try out those longer bones i made to see if you like it.
mark
She might not be pretty but always a fun ride !
KDXPhil
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Hello from Texas

Post by KDXPhil »

Thanks! I like the smilie :rolleyes: I'll supply the beers :partyman:
05 KDX220r