New owner looking for ex owner

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Grobo

Post by Grobo »

Hello my names grobo, I had a kdx220 about 15 years ago. I'm trying to get back into green laning again and thought I'd go back to my roots. I've bought a kdx220 1999 with loads of mods off a lass in wales.
I've found some old receipts with Martin Cartwright on them I was wondering if anyone knew him on here?
Because it's got a kdx200 carb on it I just wondered what fuel mix he'd used.
It's got kx forks and gnarly pipe kx guards and loads of little mods which makes me think he could of used this forum
Grobo

Post by Grobo »

Think I've found him carts69 I've your old bike, not been on here since January 2016
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New owner looking for ex owner

Post by doakley »

Interesting post. I'd love to know not the PO but the one before him. The PO was a 13 yr old kid who didn't know anything about the bike, rarely rode it and appeared to me to be scared of it. (Only owned it a year.) He didn't even know where the air filter was located. Lucky for me the owner prior to the kid had installed a new Twin Air, although it hadn't been cleaned nor seen oil for the year the kid owned it I would guess. Top end rebuild, replace all bearings, adjust and valve suspension for me along with the fork shim mod and she is a great bike today.
Grobo

Re: New owner looking for ex owner

Post by Grobo »

Had a quick blast and bit of power then bam little wheelie, power valve not moving. Checked as far as I can go with out dropping the oil, starting to think the pegs broken of as I can move it freely ?
Lovely clean thing gutted I've got to strip it as was going to make a bash plate and the use bah