Hello from Mizzery

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
F.I.S.H-1

Hello from Mizzery

Post by F.I.S.H-1 »

Hey all, ready to restore my 83 KDX 200. It's been in the family pretty much since it was new. Cosmetically, it needs a total overhaul from front to back. Been sitting in an open sided lean-to for the past 20 yrs and plastic has pretty well desenigrated. I'd like to get it back as original looking as possible. Will need advice on where to get parts at.

From the time I started at age 11, bikes were the following: 79 Yam DT 175, 86 HON TRX 200 SX, 81? KX 125, 84 CR 125, 87 CR 500, 82 RM 250, 83 KDX 200, 83? Tecate 3, and a 87 Yam Banshee. Still have the Shee and the KDX. Life has gotten in the way for the past 22 or so years. I have been dabbling some with the Shee, and now ready to restore the KDX. Any advice, useful, worthless, or neutral is appreciated.

F.I.S.H-1
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Mizzery

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the restoration. Plenty of info on here to help you along, but Ebay will become your most hated friend in the search for parts.
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

Welcome to the forum! I also had a 86 Honda 200SX, it was my first quad when I was a kid. I'm also from Missouri, some refer to as the state of misery lol
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.

I STRONGLY suggest you start with the interior of the engine and work your way outward. New plastic is the VERY last thing you should buy on a rebuild, AFTER it runs well and has everything mechanically in great shape.

Good luck on the build.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
F.I.S.H-1

Post by F.I.S.H-1 »

It'll run, after a good carb cleaning anyway.