New to me 1982 KDX 250 (Michigan)

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
mtbfree

Post by mtbfree »

Hey guys, new here. Great site!

A month or so ago my dad handed down his 1982 KDX250 that he bought new (before I was even born!). It hadn't seen any seat time in about 10 years, but it was properly stored and we got it fired up with minimal tinkering. After replacing a cracked fuel line and breather hose, she was trail ready once more, so I took her for a ride up near Traverse City. Man, does this bike still rip! Had a blast, the bike was trouble free with gobs of power, and now I'm addicted. This was my first time on a dirt bike in about 15 years, and now it's all I can think about. I've been an avid mountain biker most of the time I've been off the bike, so my bike handling skills are better than most novices, but I know I still have a lot to learn. Can't wait to explore all the trails I used to ride as a kid!

He replaced the rear shock shortly before he stopped riding; the new one is a works components unit that seems to perform very well. The forks need new seals and some general maintenance, which I'm planning on doing this winter. Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the bike. He even had some spare parts that he gave me that he never needed or got around to installing (new linkage bearings, a spare chain, and even a spare piston!).

Anyway, looks like a good group here. Hope to learn a lot from you guys!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New to me 1982 KDX 250 (Michigan)

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new ride.
mtbfree

Re: New to me 1982 KDX 250 (Michigan)

Post by mtbfree »

Here's a pic I took after my first ride on the bike:

jaywylie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jaywylie »

Nice!