2005 KDX passenger pegs

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
street kdx

2005 KDX passenger pegs

Post by street kdx »

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have a 2005 KDX 200 that is street plated and only runs on race gas( 225 kit, chamber, bored carb, ect), it is lowered 5"(seat and suspension on the rear and 1.5" on the front (sliding tubes up in clamps), endure tires, rear rack made to fit with a gas can on it. I plan on taking it to Key West this year on the back of my RV and would like to have my wife ride on back to get around town. Has anyone made or purchased rear passenger pegs for their KDX200's? If so can you give me some information. Thanks!!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 2005 KDX passenger pegs

Post by bufftester »

You have got to post a pic of that ride. Lowered that far in the rear adding a passenger is going to make for a rough ride. The SR (overseas street version) of the KDX had passenger pegs that were mounted to the rear subframe supports. You could probably find some clamp on pegs and mount them there (something like THIS.
street kdx

Post by street kdx »

Thanks for your help! I will take a picture and post it today. the rear suspension is only dropped 2", the seat foam is cut down 3" to give me a total rear drop of 5". Both front and rear suspension are reworked. I can have both heals on the ground just like we did back in the 70's on two stroke enduro's. It won't be that rough of a ride on city streets bar hopping. I have been riding 2 strokes on the street now for 42 years.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool story. Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
street kdx

Post by street kdx »

I just went on e-bay and bought 2 used kdx200sr rear pegs and brackets from Japan. Without you I would not have known these existed. A few tabs welded on each side and I will be set!
two-stroke-brit
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by two-stroke-brit »

i hope for the little motors sake your wife is a cute little waif of a lass .
i don't think mine could handle the 2 of us.
as said above be sure to post pics of the maiden voyage
cheers mark
She might not be pretty but always a fun ride !