KY rider new to 2 strokes and kinda new to dirt

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Motnednah

KY rider new to 2 strokes and kinda new to dirt

Post by Motnednah »

Hi all. I've been riding bikes off and on since age 18. Mostly on road, but bought a 2012 DRZ400S last year and a 2002 KDX200 last month. I'm getting the KDX trail ready - it's a decent bike that looks like it's been stored outdoors for a while. Replacing chain/sprockets, cables, and bearings. I've been trolling the forums to get up to speed on the KDX and this site looks like a really good one. I appreciate any advise on riding/wrenching this bike and am also looking for people to ride with in the KY area.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KY rider new to 2 strokes and kinda new to dirt

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KY rider new to 2 strokes and kinda new to dirt

Post by doakley »

Best thing you can do is get a manual for your bike. There's a good one referenced in these forums. You're on the right track IMO replacing the normal wear items. That way you know what you are starting with. I'd service the suspension too. People tend to spend a lot of money on improving the power, which is good and certainly fun. But you'll actually ride faster and much safer with properly set up suspension.
Welcome to the forums.