Hello from Ohio!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
oilburner00

Hello from Ohio!

Post by oilburner00 »

Hi everybody,

I just got my first 2 smoke...an '00 KDX220. I've want a 2 stroke for awhile, ya know...because it's a 2 stroke. My other bike is a DRZ400SM. Other than these two bikes the only other bike I've ridden was an XR80 when I was younger. I had never even ridden a 2 stroke before I bought this. To be honest I was looking into getting a yz250 because I didn't know such thing as a KDX existed. Since I'm just going to trail ride and not race the little bit I found out about the KDX made it seem better for my uses. So I started searching and came upon one. Honestly I bought it without knowing too much about it so I hope that doesn't come back to bite me :hmm: I thought the bike was in good condition and it was well taken care of by the previous owner. I will attach some pictures once I figure out how to. I gave 1800 doll-hairs for it. Not sure if that was a deal or fair price. These seem hard to find.

Anyways I look forward to learning about this new to me bike on this forum.

Cheers :partyman:
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Ohio!

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums. We have a pretty active contingent from Ohio on here, sure they'll chime in soon.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Welcome congrats on the kdx. I too am from ohio
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
oilburner00

Post by oilburner00 »

KDXohio wrote:Welcome congrats on the kdx. I too am from ohio

Thanks! I'm in Columbus. Where are you from?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your purchase.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Dayton area here.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Hello from Ohio!

Post by Dekon »

Welcome to the KDX family. One piece of advice you will get here is to check the piston in the 220. 220's have a weak OEM piston; the skirt breaks and basically destroys the cylinder and bottom end. If I were you, I would replace it just to be safe.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Ditto on replacing with a forged piston. Wiseco is popular. Then you KNOW what's insid.
oilburner00

Post by oilburner00 »

I plan on doing that this winter since it'll be time to put her away soon.

How can I post pictures? On the FAQs it says I need permission?
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Use photo bucket to host them then paste the IMG link here
oilburner00

Post by oilburner00 »

Here are the pics. Let me know what you think. I thought the bike was in good condition for being 17 years old. Again, I paid $1,800. Do you think this was a fair price?

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Looks to be in really good shape. Stock save for the tank and shrouds. If you enjoy it and ride it it was worth the cost :grin: