Hello, from Pennsylvania

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Shytluk

Hello, from Pennsylvania

Post by Shytluk »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi from Pa.

I'm 53 and getting back into dirt and trail riding WooHoo!

Spent my younger years ripping up the trails on DT series Yamaha's until I got into street bikes and have been riding Harley's ever since.

But I got back into dirt riding this past year on a Chinese 200cc enduro and the thrill is back.

So, I went out and found myself a 2005 KDX220 last weekend. Probably paid too much. And I didn't realize how beat it was until I got it home. The seller was misleading at the minimum, probably lied about the back story. But, what's done is done.

It's in Rough shape, I'll start a thread about it another time, but long story short is I'm going to restore it and make it as good as it can possibly be.

I need to figure out how to post some photos later and I'll get started.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello, from Pennsylvania

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.

Congratulations on getting back on the dirt.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

If you think you paid too much now, wait until you start riding and upgrading :grin: Welcome to the site.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Yes welcome! What part of PA?

I use photobucket to host my pictures and then embed the link in the post
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Shytluk

Post by Shytluk »

Hey Ohio, I'm in eastern Pa. Near Allentown.

I'm already pricing out everything I need bufftester I have a pretty good idea what I'm in for.

Thank for the welcome.

Gotta figure out that photobucket thing I guess. :grin:
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Shytluk wrote:Hey Ohio, I'm in eastern Pa. Near Allentown.

I'm already pricing out everything I need bufftester I have a pretty good idea what I'm in for.

Thank for the welcome.

Ah I've never been out quite that far I've ridden the Allegheny national forest a few times, in Tidioute
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
TimmyD

Post by TimmyD »

Shytluk wrote:Hey Ohio, I'm in eastern Pa. Near Allentown.

Thank for the welcome.

You live pretty close to me, about an hour or so. And congrats on the purchase! You will LOVE that 220.
2002 KDX 220
black
Supporting Member

Post by black »

Near allentown? I grew up in Montgomery county. Was back down there dirtbiking near Tamaqua.

Same boat as you are in. Bought a used KDX200. Backstory was made up and Now i'm fixing her up all around Suspension/ engine etc....... Good times
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Congrats and welcome! I'm over on the Western side of the state, near Washington.

If you haven't done so already, make sure you pull that head off and make sure a stock piston isn't still in it! Lots of info on here as to why... they will break. Not if, but when. I learned the hard way (trusting another dishonest craigslister)... trying to keep others from doing the same!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike