New rider

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kiwipaddy

New rider

Post by Kiwipaddy »

Hey all just a quick hey to you all. im relatively new to riding (NEARLY 40) got myself a halfway decent 94 kdx 200 and have just picked up a 01 model which has done the bottom end as a parts bike. just wondering as to how many parts would be interchangeable or if fixing the 01 up would be better option??? Any advice gratefully received
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New rider

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. In the USA, those two years would be different models and have few similar parts.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The 94 is an E-series, the 01 an H. As Jason said, few interchangeable parts...different frames, motors, suspension. You can probably fix the 01 up fairly cheap, then you have 2 bikes! Either one, properly maintained and cared for, will give you years of riding. My dad is riding a mostly stock 94 200 that has over 8ooo miles on it and it is still mostly stock.
Kiwipaddy

Post by Kiwipaddy »

Thanks for the replies fellas think at the minute I'm just gonna raid the chain and headlight and enjoy summer then have a bit of a learning experience over winter .
Just one last question would the carbs switch over? ( might seem like a dumb question to most people but as I said this is all new to me ! I'm a fabricator by trade so frame work etc is straightforward to me but engines I've always dodged and found a mate who was willing to work for beer and a few laughs :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I think the carbs should be similar, but slide, jets and such may not be the right size for the 1994. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. Look at both bikes parts diagrams.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128