New to the KDX family

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Gixxer340
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

New to the KDX family

Post by Gixxer340 »

Hello all,

I just picked up a 2001 KDX 200 and I am quite excited about it. My son has had a KLX140 for a couple of years but never really got into riding until this year. Since he is showing interest in it I decided that I need to take full advantage of the situation and pick up something to ride with him. I had always heard great things about the KDX so I started looking on CL and found this.

Has kx250 front forks, RB head and carb mods, oversized radiators and a few other odds and ends. I am just looking for it to be reliable with the normal maintenance but, we'll see. I also can't help but to tinker with things :grin:

I have already done a couple rides on it and it seems to run great. I am contemplating doing the clutch because it seems to be grabby and hard shifting after things heat up and I have tried 3 different types of oil in the bottom end. It probably needs a clutch anyway and they aren't that expensive so I will see if that helps.

Anyway,just wanted to say hi and I look forward to the sharing in the KDX adventure with you all.

Jeff
- 2001 KDX200 - KX front forks, RB head and carb mods, Gnarly pipe

-The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do absolutely nothing for him - unknown
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

New to the KDX family

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your KDX.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New to the KDX family

Post by C George »

Good deal ,,,, amazing the amount of bikes converted to upside down forks.
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New to the KDX family

Post by royadams »

Very nice!!
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New to the KDX family

Post by diymirage »

Gixxer340 wrote: I am just looking for it to be reliable with the normal maintenance but, we'll see. I also can't help but to tinker with things :grin:

you picked the wrong bike

now, if you were looking for a bike you could park in lake Huron for the winter, run it, seize up the piston, break the skirt off if it, spray the cylinder down with WD40 and get another 12000 miles out of it...then I would suggest a KDX
but if your looking to do maintenance, get a KTM
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

New to the KDX family

Post by thirdgenlxi »

diymirage wrote:
Gixxer340 wrote: I am just looking for it to be reliable with the normal maintenance but, we'll see. I also can't help but to tinker with things :grin:

you picked the wrong bike

now, if you were looking for a bike you could park in lake Huron for the winter, run it, seize up the piston, break the skirt off if it, spray the cylinder down with WD40 and get another 12000 miles out of it...then I would suggest a KDX
but if your looking to do maintenance, get a KTM
Hahahah very well put! :lol: :grin:

But yea..... KDX is quite possibly the most reliable 2 stroke dirt bike on the freakin' planet. Seriously.... they'll run forever. Congrats on the new bike, it looks very clean! And welcome to the forum :supz: