OMG It's a Two Stroke !

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
coasty
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

OMG It's a Two Stroke !

Post by coasty »

After much nail chewing, midnight pacing and long and indepth discussions with the dog, I have bought another 2 stroke, the last one was a 1972 Yamaha 125 trail bike, couldn't go anywhere without a sack ful of spark plugs, hated it, sold it, bought a 1973 Honda SL125 loved it, rode it everywhere. However I have just bought a 2005 KDX200 for my daughter to step up from her Suzuki DRZ125 which she has learned to ride on over the last year and a half. The daughter, being vertically challenged, we were going to Buy a CRF230 but we tried one , she hated it & I fell off it so that was out, so what to buy a short ass that was within our budget ? & along comes the mighty Green Machine, bought it Friday, gassed it up (you have to put oil in the petrol) rode it Saturday in the neighbours hay paddock & the daughters got a grin from ear to ear," it's SO FAST Dad, and the suspension is SO much better and the brakes, AND the balance" etc etc,
"When can we go to the forest ? "
And I am thinking, smokes a bit, dosn't seem to run very clean, man have I got a lot to learn !
And then I discovered KDXRIDER, my new best friend, I will post a pic of bike & proud new owner when we et signed up properly (pay)
So looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with you all while I try to learn the dark arts of working on a two stroke :)
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: OMG It's a Two Stroke !

Post by Julien D »

Great into! Congrats on the bike, and welcome to KDXRIDER!
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Welcome to the site! So, what exactly is this might green machine? 200/220? year? And where are you?
coasty
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by coasty »

Julien D wrote:Great into! Congrats on the bike, and welcome to KDXRIDER!
Thanks Julien, you have a great site here, looking forward to being involved. cheers.
coasty
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by coasty »

doakley wrote:Welcome to the site! So, what exactly is this might green machine? 200/220? year? And where are you?
Hi doakley, thanks for that, the Mighty Green Machine is 2005 KDX200 with a FMF Gnarley pipe, V3 reed block and thats as far as I;ve got cos I havn't even taken the seat off yet !
We are from a little place called Waiwera which is in New Zealand and the KDX is for my 15 year old daughter, I myself am a Honda man and ride a 97 XR250R which I think may need to be updated as when my girl gets to grips with this KDX I will no way be able to keep up !
Thanks for the welcome & looking forward to being involved in your most excellant site, cheers.
JL4049

Post by JL4049 »

Hey Coasty, I'm from Motueka! In Oz now, my young fella is just busting to get on my Turtle. He's still not outgrown his jr80 yet though lol
coasty
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by coasty »

Hey JL4049, Mate Motueka's a top spot, good on the little fella but he's got a bit of growing to do, my girl had fully outgrown the DRZ125 & her feet were still the best part of six inches off the ground before we started the lowering process, she comes to a stop and then slides her bum off to one side to get a foot down, dosn't alway's work tho when there's a cow pooh in the wrong place at the wrong time, that was messy dismount thats for sure !
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.

Cool story.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128