1996 KDX200 New Member

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
BigKerm83

1996 KDX200 New Member

Post by BigKerm83 »

Good Morning Everyone,
Let me start off by saying what an awesome site! I have been prowling quietly behind the scenes for some time now and finally decided to join the KDXRider party. About 9months ago I bought a 1996 KDX200 kind of as a joke. I managed to knock a whole in my YZ250 woods bike crank case when the chain decided to take an unexpected journey of its own. I needed something cheap and reliable I could ride until I saved up enough money for an newer bike.

That was 9 months ago and now all my money has gone into this bike and fixing it up and in all honesty it has been the best bike I have ever owned. Beast through the woods and up hills, takes a beating and just keeps on going. I couldn't be happier and I understand why people never get ride of these things. Best part is people ask me questions about it all the time and are blow away that its a 96 and I picked it up for 1000bucks!

Heck I like it some much in two weeks I am heading out on the road for two months to go ride in the Pacific Northwest & Midwest for two months and I can't wait.

So far she has Fatty pipe, FMF Powercore Silencer II, All new (used) tank shrouds, 2015 KX 450 front fender, Maier Rear Fender, Acerbis handguards, New Chain, Sprockets, Clutch, Brake Pads, Changed all the fluids, Ordered new springs from Fredette and heavier fork oil in the front and other misc bushings and nuts and bolts. That's about it right now.

Once I join the 21st century and figure out how to post pics I will do some before and afters.
Jim B

Re: 1996 KDX200 New Member

Post by Jim B »

Enjoy your trip - it sounds like a lot of fun!
BigKerm83

1996 KDX200 New Member

Post by BigKerm83 »

Thank you I am looking forward to it. I see you are from Colorado Springs I was going to do Rabbit Valley and a few other places in Grand Junction. If you have any recommendations they would be much appreciated.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 1996 KDX200 New Member

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Have a good trip with your KDX.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128