Its about time

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Chilly

Its about time

Post by Chilly »

\Well Its been a, long time consuming, brain rattling journey but I finally got my 99 KDX 200 running thanks to this website and the people using it. I bought it in December 2015. It had been sitting for 2 years in a barn and had no one to care for it, so I bought it. So when I got home with it and started looking more closer at her. I had to buy, a front tire, wheel bearings, sprockets, chain, and gas tank that was just me looking at the bike. Then I started her after cleaning the carb really well and I had no top end power. I then found some broken KIPS parts, had the cylinder sent off for replateing, new piston, new everything. After all of that I started to ride and the seals in the lower end blew. So i had to take it all back apart and had the lower end rebuilt. After getting the new motor in and on my bike it still had a hard time starting and when it did run the top end power was only there for about 30 seconds and then went to hell. I thought my carb needed work so I took it to a guy that specializes in carbs and he couldn't get the bike to run either and he thought I might have a stator problem. Ordered a stator from Rick which came in bad so I kept the old on it and finally came to the ignition coil being my problem.
So again thanks for everyone's help on this site. This site has helped me out a lot and I'm sure there are others that feel the same way. Now I get to go ride my brand new KDX instead of always working on it. Its going to be fun. I finally get to find out how good these bike are instead of reading about it on here lol.
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Its about time

Post by Keystone »

I love my '90 KDX200 so much. I don't know why in words, I just do.
Bobino Battleax

Re: Its about time

Post by Bobino Battleax »

just took my 14 year old kid out on my 91 for the first time... coming off a modern kx100. Holy s&^t am I proud. This was the kdx that sold me on the model, Now i have 3. Enjoy your bike... there's not another even close. Long live the 2 stroke trail bike, fiddling and frustration is what brings the biggest reward!