New (to me) kdx200 southern Oregon

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Moshjaines

New (to me) kdx200 southern Oregon

Post by Moshjaines »

Hey just picked up a 2002 kdx200 in pretty good condition I believe. Just took her out for about ten miles and noticed a few thing I need to address. It stalled out quite a bit and always seemed to want to die when idling, maybe idle adjustment or jets? The carb was dumping gas anytime I wasn't riding as well, thinking stuck float maybe And maybe just a dirt bike thing as this is my first in about 20 years but I can't really feel It going into 3rd 4th etc, again idk might just be me being a newb. Also the handlebars, themselves seem straight but the mounts are all out of whack, can I just loosen them and reset them straight or replace bushings?? I used to work on two stroke Vespas and lambert tad so I know my way around wrench. Anyways that ride was awesome none the less, this little thing books up the mountain, didn't have any trouble keeping up with a klx400 Through the pines!!!
Chilly

Re: New (to me) kdx200 southern Oregon

Post by Chilly »

I would pull the top end and see what the cylinder and piston look like being that the bike is new to you. Also pay close attention to your oil level in the trans. My bike was stalling like that with no top end. I noticed my oil level dropping but I didn't see any leaks. When I pulled the stator cover off oil poured out. I had to replace the seals and bearings. As for the handle bars I would go a head and put in new bushings. Rocky mountain atv will have most of what you need.
Moshjaines

Re: New (to me) kdx200 southern Oregon

Post by Moshjaines »

Cool gonna look at the stator now, just put fresh oil
In and ran it for a bit today, did better after I cleaned the carb too, took of the left side kips cover and it was all black and had a little oil in there too, searching that now.