Hello from New England

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Yogi

Hello from New England

Post by Yogi »

Hello all you KDXers. I picked up a 1990 KDX200 early last year, and was told about this site, so here I am.
Looks like a good bunch here, with lots of good info as well. I'm living around central CT, and had
started riding many years ago, but it's been kind of hit and miss these last few years. I put maybe
a total of 6 hours of ride time last year, and that includes just playing around in the yard a bit.
Pretty grim, but hope to get more time in this year. Getting old and slow is not a good thing.

Bike is running good, but chances are it will need a top end soon. I haven't looked inside yet, but I
would imagine it needs some maintenance. I did some basic stuff to it like new chain, sprockets,
brake pads, wheel bearings, linkage bearings, tires, new bars, and rebuilt the rear shock which it
needed when I bought it. Also needs slightly heavier fork springs, oil change, and a few other tid-bits,
but haven't done them yet. As soon as I read how, I'll post a pick of the bike.

Hopefully I'll get to meet and share a few rides with some other fellow KDXers out there. I plan to
hit the NETRA Dam Fun Ride at the Thomaston Dam later this month, so maybe I'll see some of you
there to stomp some rocks with. Cheers to all. :~)
Yogi

Re: Hello from New England

Post by Yogi »

6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Nice looking bike!
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
rparrish08

Post by rparrish08 »

Nice score man. Hard to find a Kdx that old that's that clean.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Thanks. What you can't see though is the crack in the headlight shroud and left radiator shroud, but that's it really, and basically cosmetic. I paid $700. for it, but put a couple hundred in to bring it up to riding ability. Still needs a few more things, right after I put myself thru KDX school. So far a good little bike, and about my speed.