Noob From Michigan

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
01ERICKDX200

Noob From Michigan

Post by 01ERICKDX200 »

Hey all,
I've been lurking and finally got signed up on the forum. I was out of riding for almost 20 years but picked up a nice 2001 KDX200 recently. It seems to have all the standard hop-ups and runs pretty good. I'm doing general maintenance and messing around with the carb trying to dial in my jetting (it's a splooge factory) but it really needed nothing major. The real issue is with me learning to ride again at a much later stage in life. I find that I'm not even remotely as fearless as I once was, ha-ha. It's a fun bike though and I always get a kick out of riding it. This is a great forum for all things KDX. Hopefully I can contribute something as I get more time with my bike.
2001 KDX200
FMF Woods
FMF TCII
Boyesen 607
Air Lid Drilled/No Snorkel
12T/47T
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Noob From Michigan

Post by Sullyfam »

I spent my early years in Michigan and in fact that's where my brother and I began racing motocross. We also have a cabin up in Gaylord where we used to ride on that property and all the surrounding DNR trails we could find. Some of the best dirt I have ever ridden!

There are a couple of guys in this forum from MI so perhaps you can gather some riding buddies quickly if they are close!

Good choice of bike, send in pics and enjoy getting reacquainted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bone7615

Post by bone7615 »

Wondering if you ever ride in St. Helen. I put almost 300 miles in this season already up here. Riding been postponed for a few days due to the snow but Saturday will be SUNNY AND 70 DEGREES!!!! If your ever around this area let me know always looking for new people to rip with.
If you had a choice to date supermodels for the rest of your life or ride dirt bikes, would you choose a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke?
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

ill be up in cedar creek next weekend
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
MiTrails

Post by MiTrails »

Sounds just like my story. I was out of dirt bikes for about 20 years also and just picked up a 2001 KDX 220 this past December. I have been working on small details getting it ready for spring. I rode the Huron National Forest trails, Alcona and Iosco counties back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's.
I also purchased a KLR250 about a year ago and decided I needed an addition, something more trail worthy.
2000 KDX220R
2001 Kawasaki KLR250
2000 Honda XR100
1987 Honda CR500
1981 Suzuki PE250
1975 Bultaco Matador SD MK5
1974 Suzuki TS250
1972 Yamaha DT125
01ERICKDX200

Noob From Michigan

Post by 01ERICKDX200 »

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses and invitations to ride.
I live in the SE Michigan area so I don't get to ride as much as I'd like. My location is one of the reasons I have been away from riding for so long. I just found it tough to get upstate often enough. But I found a group that rides a few times a year so it was completely worth it for me to snag up a KDX and give another go. We normally ride up by Mio, Luzerne, South Branch...I've never ridden in St.Helen, Gaylord, or Cedar Creek. I really consider myself a beginner again at this stage in life. So I don't really "rip" through the trails, ha-ha. In fact, I find that I like the slower single track stuff just as much as the ATV trails. There is no traffic, no pressure to ride fast, and lots of obstacles to play on.
I'll try to get some pictures of my bike and the next ride to share here. I'll also likely be on some of the other forum topics looking for more good advice.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
-Eric
2001 KDX200
FMF Woods
FMF TCII
Boyesen 607
Air Lid Drilled/No Snorkel
12T/47T
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on getting back into it.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128