hello from Massachusetts

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
badlarry

hello from Massachusetts

Post by badlarry »

Hi all,

I am 43 I've been riding bikes and quads since I was 11. My history with off-roading and motorcycles goes like this; I have owned an old mc1b 90cc Kawi 1974 which was my first bike. rotary valve 2 stroke. Then a 1988 Tecate 250 4 Wheeler bought in 1991 was stolen 1996. Replaced with a Yamaha Banshee in 1998 which has been restored and wrecked and still owned needs a front end due to a close meet and greet with a Polaris razor that stopped and parked in my landing area while in mid air in a 3rd gear hill crest, 2004 Yfz450LE Bought new still running strong. 1986 kx125 bought rode for a year and sold too peaky for me, bought a 1994 kx250 that was involved in 2 different people going to the hospital so I sold that as bad things happen in 3's and I was not going to be that guy. I also have a 1982 YZ250 that I began to disassemble for restoration.
Finally bought a kdx 200. 1989 with a pro circuit pipe and spark Arrestor on it, and a works connection skid plate. I have the shock rebuilt, new bars, tusk hand guards, and grips, new linkage bearings, wheel bearings, new IRC vulcanduro for the rear, new brake pads, fenders, headlight (green), sprockets and chain. I also have owned a few street bikes and sleds but currently have a 2006 apex gt for winter and a 2000 VMAX with Supertrapps on it for my pavement escapades. I am interested in picking you guys brains and learning about these great bikes as I wrench all my own stuff (shock service excluded currently) and will have a bunch of questions, So Thanks in advance and thanks for the info and the great site.

Jim
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

hello from Massachusetts

Post by s10gto »

Welcome Jim! Good people here ready to help.

What part of ma. are you in ?
badlarry

hello from Massachusetts

Post by badlarry »

I live in Wilmington, it is about 15-20 miles nw of Boston off I-93. I love this bike and I really have not rode it. I rode it home the night I bought it with a Ryobi flashlight duct taped to the bars, threw a chain going about 30 on the RR tracks at 10pm due to being severely loose, finally got it home, chain went back on with no tools (F--king loose) and put it away until about a month ago and began to give it some much needed love. It was mechanic owned and I had to rescue it from a life of band aid fixes and neglect. He rode it like he stole it with blown rear shock and no front brakes for the entire 5 years he owned it. I don't know about you guys but around here mechanic owned makes me weary, I know a lot of crazy " mechanics" who are very hard on their stuff and also treat them like rented mules. so...... bars, guards, skid plates, tires, brakes, bearings, new silencer and fenders rebuilt shock, new headlight, chain and sprockets, carb cleaning, air filter, oil change and coolant flush to come then its Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Oh, once I get the rear wheel relaced, spokes are seized and I may heat each one individually or I may replace with tusk spoke and rim combo if it will work with the 1989 stock hub???? Thanks for the welcome