Newbie..kind of..

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
gogreen
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Newbie..kind of..

Post by gogreen »

Hi All, I've been a member for a little bit. Bought a really nice 2003 KDX 220R a couple years ago. Love the bike! Had an 89 KDX 200 that I raced hare scrambles with back in the day. Transitioned from the little KDX to a KTM which I absolutely loved. Got out of racing and off road riding all together for quite a while. Had a chance to purchase the 2003 220R so I pulled the trigger. Been trail riding a little on it. Was able to ride sweep for an enduro a few times with a friend but haven't spent as much time as I would like to on it. Bought a PW 50 for my little girls and the oldest is diggin it. Looking for a CRF 80 for her as she will likely be too big for the PW this summer. Anyway, love the site. Look forward to continuing my KDX education. This site is the KDX encyclopedia....awesome!!!!
Davenay67

Newbie..kind of..

Post by Davenay67 »

Welcome..!! That's a nice bike that you picked up there. I'm sure you've already read all about replacing your piston if it's stock.

In a similar position with my boys and their bikes. My eldest rides a TTR-125, and that will last indefinitely as even I can ride that without it being ridiculously tiny. My middle son has a TTR-90 which he is rapidly outgrowing, so this year might be interesting for him. No room or money (need to keep the 90 for my youngest who will most likely start riding next year) for a different bike, so for now he is going to have to manage until he too can ride a bike like his brothers TTR-125.

Not sure about your area, but where I live bikes between the TTR-90 and TTR-125 in size are nor common and kinda pricey. Both the 90 and the 125 are common and can be had for decent money.
gogreen
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Newbie..kind of..

Post by gogreen »

Thanks for the heads up on the piston. The previous owner changed out the stock piston (it's documented), also added V-force reeds, forks have Gold Valves, Race Tech springs, ASV levers, Scotts steering damper, Devol guards all around and various bling parts. About $3000.00 in extras. I'll look in to the TTR-90, haven't seen too many available on Craigslist in the area lately.