New KDX owner from Iceland

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Hnykill

Post by Hnykill »

Hi all. just bought a 2003 KDX 200 few months ago. i havent been on a bike for 15 years so a KDX 200 seemed like a good place to start. it is in good condition and was well kept by the owner. after browsing the internet how to make the bike better this is what ive done so far.

Race Tech suspension front and back
FMF Gold Series "Gnarly Woods" pipe
FMF Power Core II Silencer
IMS Pro Series footpegs
Aftermerket seat
Devol skidplate
-------------------------------------------------

Next on the list is Rhental Twinwall bar and Wiseco forged Piston change. then Supersprox Chain & Sprocket Kit. after that it's just regular maintenance. Bike has been in garage all winter and im really looking forward to trying it next summer. Iceland should have good enduro trail's around here somewhere being all rugged and stuff :)

Pictures are outdated but all i have. Missing few details like IMS PRO footpegs, it has more stickers now and fuel tank vent cap and such details. but i think im going keep this bike for a long time. even if i get a newer and better later. they are really fun to work with. so.. hi all, and here is my bike :grin:

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New KDX owner from Iceland

Post by canyncarvr »

Welcome!

Now THAT would be a hoot! Iceland crosscountry! You would need a fuel drop or two...or ten.

A Unimog would probably be better suited........

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
maggi

Re: New KDX owner from Iceland

Post by maggi »

Hi I was just register in here and the first thing I see is another Icelander :) I have a 1999 KDX 220 that I bought in the fall 2014 for a nice price just to go on this tip, fell for it and have been using it sines then and it is still running 100%. I use it for everything track, ICE and where is shines enduro .. Maybe I will see you around. :)
Kveðja
Maggi
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I watched the vid link in the second post. Fantastic! Where I ride I can often allow myself to think I am 'out' in 'da woods while, in reality, most of the time I am rarely more than 10 miles from 'civilization'. That could easily be not the case in Iceland...although you might not be more'n a couple hundred yards from a hot springs to soak in!

I would have loved having my KDX when I was in Iceland. At least, it's easy to think that now. :sad:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!