G'day !! Newbie with a 1989 Kdx200 F1

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
scoot8181

G'day !! Newbie with a 1989 Kdx200 F1

Post by scoot8181 »

G'day fellas, as the title mentions I'm newbie to dirt bikes....I've got road bikes but this is the first enduro i've owned. My names is James but my mates call me Scoot.
I decided to get my self a new toy to tinker with and I've had the it to try Enduro riding for a while now.
My Kdx is a real pos!lol I've recently bought it from a mate for very little money...and he was about the fifth owner. It's been used,abused and maintained by some real butchers!! I plan on just tidying it up and getting back to a road worthy condition.
It came with a new piston,rings and gaskets. I've since ordered in a new left and right powervalve.
The original left hand powervalve gear is striped and the right hand powervalve shaft had snapped off.....which is still stuck in the cylinder. Somewhere along the way the original rear wheel was replaced with a Cr250 wheel...which needs the correct sized spacer made up.
I would like to try and track down a workshop manual and a new blank ignition key. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as the OEM key has been discontinued.
Anyway that's enough out of me....I'm gonna head out to the shed to get a bit more work done!
Cheers
Scoot
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: G'day !! Newbie with a 1989 Kdx200 F1

Post by Friedom »

They have ignition keys?

Anyways, welcome to the party.

I believe 89 is the E1. You can get steel valves from one of the vendors here so they stop shearing like that.

I have a digital shop manual. Bought it on ebay, but then the listing was removed once he emailed me the link to it. I thought it odd, so not sure about sharing it. Collective thoughts?

Crawl Wheel Drive
scoot8181

Post by scoot8181 »

I've done a quick bit of searching about on google....my bike is a 1989 Kdx200 SR....road trail. It's the road legal version.
I've since downloaded a workshop manual but I need to find some info on the Sr's wiring...or even better a schematic.
I've been struggling with the portion of the powervalve shaft that's stuck in the cylinder....can't get it to budge!! Any ideas?
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

On mine the gear half had broken off and roasted sideways into the hole. It was really hard to get the actuator rod out, but by the time I did the broken piece came right out.
I've heard of the SR, but this is my first encounter with a definition. Street legal version, sweet!

Fun Wheel Drive
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

here's my page about the SR: http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/SR.html
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/