First bike a 1994 kdx200

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
rebel80

First bike a 1994 kdx200

Post by rebel80 »

I finally brought my first dirt bike a 1994 kdx200!!! I haven't had a chance to ride it since it needs some work. The previous owner did ride it but I refuse to until the sticky thottle is fixed with a new cable and spring. It needs new fork seals too.
Is it worth getting the online service manual from the cyclepedia website or just getting a kawasaki manual off of ebay?
Any advise for the kdx or being new to dirt bikes in general is greatly appreciated. I will post pics later. I already found a lot of good info on this site. Thanks!
Chilly

Re: First bike a 1994 kdx200

Post by Chilly »

I recently bought a 99 model. If I were you I would pull the top end and see what everything looks like. When I bought mine I was told the top end was pretty new. Come to find out it was never touched. Being that's it's winter where I'm at I wanted to have a fresh motor for the summer months. Also change the lower end oil and run good 2 stroke oil. Amsoil is great.
bultaco4ever
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by bultaco4ever »

I just restored a '93. Where are u located.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Congratulations on your purchase. Welcome to the forums.

Now that you have more time, read, read and read the forums. There are plenty of things to check on any bike you purchase.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Welcome! I'm restoring a 92 and a 93 right now. I agree with opening the top to see what's in there. Helps to narrow things down later on if you're terrible shooting.

Crawl Wheel Drive