New member in tucson az

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
MacDiesel

New member in tucson az

Post by MacDiesel »

I'm isaiah. Completely new to dirtbikes. Don't know a thing about em, but am more or less mechanically inclined and want to learn. My buddy moved to Japan and couldn't take his bike with him so I got a free 1988 kdx 200! I guess you could say there's nothing wrong with it because it's hard to have motor issues with no motor! Joined here mainly to get technical help with the rebuild, maybe make a couple buddies around my area and if anyone's got parts to sell I may be interested!
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New member in tucson az

Post by Sullyfam »

No motor eh. So what's the plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Hey MacDiesel. Congrats on the bike. I'm in Tucson also, so is another guy here (he can announce if he wants). I'm building a 92 up, and just picked a 93 up for my brother.

There was a matching 80s bike on Craigslist for a good price locally not too long ago. No title, could be a great parts bike though.
Welcome aboard. I've got tools and sometimes know how to hold them, for example I can hold a shop light!

Edit: here's the bike I was remembering:
http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/5375417852.html
Needs engine work, though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
MacDiesel

Post by MacDiesel »

The plans either to find a parts bike like friedom shared and just swap in the stock parts after I rebuild the motor or find a 250 2 stroke that I can we asleep in their. I'm a machinist so anythings possible it just depends on the amount of work and time I'm willing to spend haha. I desperately want that bike on cl, just gotta scrape up funds before it's gone haha. Gonna sell some tools and jeep parts and the like.
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Where do you work? Looks like that 85 might be a good fit! I love old airheads. My first 3 or 4 bikes were, and I'm not old enough for that to be because it was current tech!

MacDiesel

Post by MacDiesel »

I'm in the airforce. I work in the fab shop on base. It's good to know there's other people on here from tucson!
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

That sounds like a pretty cool job, man. That listing has been there for a few weeks, you should be alright, and might even talk him down.
You a 4 wheeler too? Or just collect jeep parts :/

MacDiesel

Post by MacDiesel »

Its really fun haha. Im working on being a 4 wheeler too but it's stock right now. I have a dual tcase setup and a locker for the rear just waiting for me to not be lazy and put them in haha.
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

There's so much 4x4 trail around here that you can do with a stock Jeep. I'm a 4runner guy, but there's nothing like the look of a well setup CJ.
Check out experience-az.com, it's a great resource for hike, bike and wheeling around here.

MacDiesel

Post by MacDiesel »

I have an xj haha and I agree. They're veryou capable in Stock form haha. I'm not really biased between toyota or jeep. I've had both and love em both haha
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

I almost bought a crazy modded xj a few years back. I'm pretty sure it could have ran over a stock toyota OR jeep :) it wouldn't pass emissions in Tucson, so thankfully I didn't get it. I had a built k5 once too. Noisy, smelly, messy and FUN!

MacDiesel

Post by MacDiesel »

I bought a Toyota that had no smog system and got it to pass haha you'd be surprised what a new cat and some random junkyard hoses can do haha.
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

Nice! My k5 sat outside in storage for a decade, then the owner stopped paying storage fees.
A new fuel tank, clean lines, fresh plugs, TBI rebuild and it ran like a tank.

So keep us in the loop about what you do with that roller!

MacDiesel

New member in tucson az

Post by MacDiesel »

Nice haha that's a pretty good comeup. I'll keep ya posted haha I'm working on getting my hands on that parts bike on cl. It's perfect!
Friedom
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Friedom »

So whatever happened with this? There was a decent looking running kdx175 FS not too long ago also.

Fun Wheel Drive
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

New member in tucson az

Post by Slick_Nick »

From Canada, but have a second home in Marana. Hi!
'00 KDX 220R