New member from S.W. Michigan

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jeswinehart
Gold Member
Gold Member

New member from S.W. Michigan

Post by jeswinehart »

Hi folks. My name is john. Mainly ride my 300EX trike conversion for trails and when on sand at Silver lake state park in Michigan to ride sand I ride my 84/85 Kawasaki Tecate.
Main reason for me joining a bike forum is I recently acquired what appears to be a KDX200 air cooled 86/87/88 flywheel as core for a flywheel encapsulation program I been doing for 5+ years on the trike site I hang out on ( 3wheelerworld.com).
It seems Tecate and the air cooled KDX share many of the same issues, mainly the poorly designed glued in magnets.
I will feel my way around the site here and learn the ins/outs of posting pictures but until I get the hang of that on here,,, I hope it is okay to post up this link about what I done to first save my own flywheel and how I have helped quite a few others preserve or repair their oem flywheels.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread ... el-upgrade

Nice site ya-all got here ! Thank you, john

P.S. ~ At this point for starters I am much more interested in purchasing your old broken KDX flywheels if it has any usable magnets left. I have many empty tecate steel housings.