Hi Kids!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
CrashTestDummy2

Hi Kids!

Post by CrashTestDummy2 »

The is new guy Fred Bradford (aka -- CrashTestDummy) from the Dallas, TX area. Have ridden off & on for 35+ years and recently acquired a 1996 KDX 200. I've always wanted a KDX, and finally got one. Hope to get in my first ride on the new bike before the year ends. Looking forward to gaining a lot of KDX-specific info here on KDXRider.net! Thanks!

Fred B.
offshoretitan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hi Kids!

Post by offshoretitan »

Fred, welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for info on the unstoppable KDX. Like you I've been riding on and off for decades, and don't get out nearly as much as I would like, but owning a KDX and utilizing this group's knowledge to help you enjoy and maintain it are positive steps! Julien does a great job in providing this site for us. Make a generous donation when you can. :partyman:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Welcome to KDXRIDER, and congrats on your new bike! We're glad to have ya!
CrashTestDummy2

Hi Kids!

Thanks fellas! This may be a stupid question, but do you know why Clymer or Haynes don't offer a manual for the H-series? I see the link to the digital version here on KDXRider.net, but I'd really like to have a hard copy. Any suggestions?

Fred B.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I have a print manual, so they where made at one time. I'd try Bent Bike in Auburn, WA. I've seen the manual for the E series, so I'd imagine they have one for the H.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on getting a KDX.

Kawasaki made a service manual for the KDX's, so look on eBay if you want one of those.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
CrashTestDummy2

Hi Kids!

Thanks fellas! Here is my new (to me) KDX...

Fred B.
CrashTestDummy2

The only difference, from the photos, is that I installed new tires (Maxxis Maxx Cross IT rear & Dunlop Geomax MX52 front), new o-ring chain and sprockets, cleaned up the pipe and silencer a bit, new ProGrip 801 grips, and replaced the hand guards with alloy bar ends. The pipe is a Fatty and came with the bike. Paid $950.

Fred B.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Get some fork seals and new boots...Should be time for those to be done. Also some nice wide foot pegs. I have both style of IMS pegs on my bikes and used cheap E-Bayers on my son's. Got to have them.
You took the bark busters off? Not many trees their I take it.

Bike looks to be in good shape.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
CrashTestDummy2

+1 on the wide foot pegs and new seals/boots. May go with Seal Savers. And yeah, I took the bark busters off because I simply don't like them. Had genuine Bark Busters on my old RM-250 and the only time I needed them they snapped at the anchor bolt, crushed into my hand, and broke my ring finger. Of course, I imagine the finger would have been broken even without the guards, given the specific accident, but I've decided I'll take my chances without 'em. I don't ride a lot of super tight single-track though. Partly because I don't like narrow bars either. ***shrug***

Fred B.