just picked up my first kdx twenty mins ago

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jimmyjamez1212

Post by jimmyjamez1212 »

Well I fell into a deal. Well hopefully a deal. $600 for a running and rideable 89 kdx200. Needs some tlc though. It also has a carb from an rm125 though. So I'll look into that. Was boogered in there. I've always owned race bikes. I.e. husqvarna cr125, rm250, yz250 etc. I was liking for a bike to put around the woods with the wife or open up with the guys and from what I've read this is the bike. I'm liking forward to the winter project!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: just picked up my first kdx twenty mins ago

Post by Julien D »

Congrats! I guess the deal you got will depend on what you end up spending to get it up to snuff.
jimmyjamez1212

Post by jimmyjamez1212 »

I'm guessing around $350 I'll have to put in it. I work at a shop so I get parts at cost. I'm going to read around on here to see the best approach to this carb issue is. The previous owner stuffed a carb in there and cut the boots to make it fit then siliconed it all up. Jack job. Other than that just needs tires and tlc.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: just picked up my first kdx twenty mins ago

Post by Julien D »

I would try to source the parts to get it back on the 35MM Keihin PWK carb. If you can't find a deal on that carb used, RB-Designs sells an awesome modded carb for the KDX.
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

What carb is the RM125 carb? A number of years they used 36mm PWKs & Aitstrikers.