New Rider

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
1993KDXRyder

New Rider

Post by 1993KDXRyder »

Hey guys. My name is Scott. I made a thread yesterday asking a couple questions, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 18 and live in the Lone Star state. I'm an engineering major at UTA. I've been wanting a street bike for a while but then I decided that maybe heavy traffic and commuting isn't a good way to start so I bought a dirt bike to putt around on. I bought (what I thought/was told was a 93, still have to check the vin and see what year it actually is) a Kawasaki KDX200. It has 970 miles on it and it's a blast to ride. Saturday was the first time I'd ever ridden anything on 2 wheels so it's a learning experience. I'm new to 2 strokes, dirt bikes, well 2 wheels in general. I'll probably have a lot of questions (most of them might be stupid) so please bear with me.

My passion in life is cars. Muscle cars, trucks, lowered trucks, ford, chevy dodge, it doesn't matter to me. This is the truck I've been modding to my liking for the last 3 years

But I'm sure none of you care about that as this is a KDX forum haha

So other than riding and maintaining the bike, there are only 2 things I want to do to the bike...
1) Speedometer. In the other thread I have, I was told a Trail Tech Endurance 2 computer. So I'll be ordering one of those soon
2) A black seat. I don't like the blue seat. I ordered a seat cover off ebay this afternoon

On to the pics!

Looking forward to being here and learning a lot :mrgreen:
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New Rider

Post by canamfan »

I see it has the optional red bull shock, very rare option. Welcome to the kdx world, don't forget to mix oil with the gsas.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

New Rider

Post by KDXohio »

Looks good!
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
1993KDXRyder

New Rider

Post by 1993KDXRyder »

canamfan wrote:I see it has the optional red bull shock, very rare option. Welcome to the kdx world, don't forget to mix oil with the gsas.
haha yeah it does! I won't
KDXohio wrote:Looks good!
Thanks!
1993KDXRyder

New Rider

Post by 1993KDXRyder »

Okay so I've been busy with school recently but I finally had some free time and ran the vin today and it is, in fact, a 1991 KDX... so, my username no longer fits haha. oh well