I'm new here !!!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

I'm new here !!!

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

Hi everyone. I'm new to off road. Decided to buy a 2003 KDX200 last weekend on a whim. Priced at 900 with a title and running. Upon bringing it home it feels like the kick start doesn't have enough "tension" or resistance when trying to crank. Found fresh oil build up all around where the exhaust comes out of the motor and it doesn't idle very long with or without choke on. As far as I know I feel like it was worth the 900 bucks. Just hoping none of these issues are serious or expensive fixes. I have ordered a fmf power core 2 exhaust for it. Gold series fatty next week. And mx style rear fender the week after. Now back to me, I am from central Florida and looking for people to ride with and learn from. Thanks to the site owner for putting this place together !!! Will make a donation asap.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: I'm new here !!!

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your KDX.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

Thanks Jason !
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

welcome should be minor the o-rings on the pipe could be missing or worn causing the splooge to leak out. Do a compression test to get an idea of the top end condition before you try re jetting or anything else to fix the way it runs if the top end is worn out you'll chase you're tail trying to get it to run right and will only get it right once the top ends done.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

I'm new here !!!

Post by kx200 »

look up the exhaust to see how the rings look.
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

ok makes sense. Will check that out !
Sgt.harper48
Supporting Member

Post by Sgt.harper48 »

And the seller did tell me the bike sat more than he rode so maybe dirty carb ? Bad fuel ? Lines too ?