New 92 KDX200

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Matifalcon

New 92 KDX200

Post by Matifalcon »

Greetings from Argentina! I am Matias and I recently bought a 92 KDX200 running in good conditions but a little worn out (sorry for my bad English :doh: ). I have problems with pretty much all bolts and nuts, seems that the previous owner was a terrible mechanic! For example the left threaded nut in the kips lever actuator is broken so they welded together and now If I wanted to remove it I have to take it off from the centrifugal gear, which I would probably have to because the kips valves are toasted.
Anyways what I wanted to ask is if anyone knows how to remove the nuts that are in the gas tank.. seems that they put a different thread screw and it loosen the nut in the plastic (so it spins ) but it won’t come off. Also anyone knows how much displacement has to have the buoyant (is that the correct name?) because sometimes when the bikes moves sideways the carb overflows.. :hmm: I’ve already took it off and inspected the needles, they are good, and the whole thing works well so I’m guessing that is worn out and the float level is too high.
Thank you!
sarrant

Re: New 92 KDX200

Post by sarrant »

Once the gas tank nuts are spinning, you're just going to have to spin them out of the plastic and epoxy new ones in place.

Here is a thread on float height adjustment:
http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 6&p=151420
Matifalcon

Post by Matifalcon »

thank you sarrant for the reply!
TheRadBaron
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by TheRadBaron »

Welcome to the forum. Your English seems pretty good considering it's not your native language. I got a kick out of "buoyant" being the translation for "float" (the correct term in American English). I can see why since they mean very similar things.
Matifalcon

Post by Matifalcon »

Thanks for the welcome, i thought "bouyant" was the correct term.. but Mr. google tricked me! haha