New to me Kdx and a new member

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
HillbillySnowman

Post by HillbillySnowman »

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a 91 KDX 200 SR that was barely running.
I have fixed the running issue seeing it was just blocked jets and am going to install an inline filter seeing the petcock ones are busted. It is missing all the plastics bar the fenders and the silencer is also busted. I haven't got any pictures yet as it is in pieces in my shed. So i have a couple of questions

1. Where can I find the plastics for it? I have looked at a multitude of sites in Australia and overseas and have only found E series ones. Do these fit?
2. I plan on buying an E series tank and fitting as I could do with the extra range. I know what modifications I need to do to fit one but can I buy a new E series tank that is clear?
3. Any recommended mods for improved performance especially in the bottom end
4. After a long search the only expansion chamber I have found from a reputable manufacturer is the "fatty" pipe from FMF. Are these any good and what silencer do you guys recommend that can be registered?
5. Where can I find spare parts as many sites don't seem to stock OEM diagrams and ebay seems to be empty aswell?

Thanks for any help guys as its really hard to find other KDX owners in Australia.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New to me Kdx and a new member

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

We don't have the sr model in the states, so it is hard to say which bike you have by the year, but I'd guess it's an E series. Can you post pictures of the bike?
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I thought the SRs were F series bikes. Should have a lot in common with the E series dirt only bike. From what little I have seen they appear fairly close as far as plastics, frame stuff, suspensions, etc. I imagine an E series tank would go on with little effort. Being in Australia you probably don't have as good a source for E parts, but there are a lot of SRs running around there so maybe some of our Southern brethren will chime in with good local sources.
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

I have an SR with an E series tank. As for plastics, I've scoured the web as my left side plastic fell off (without me noticing) during a ride a while back, and the best place is Ebay. They have both E and H plastics. Just type in "KDX plastic" or something like that. If shipping to Australia is too much, you could try webike. It's a Japanese site which offers low shipping (usually).
HillbillySnowman

Post by HillbillySnowman »

Hi guys

Sorry its been a while but the bike has been on the back burner however some major things have happened since last posting. I have bought a second hand E tank from a seller in America and have been trying to install it for about 3 weeks. I have it seated on the bike however the clearance between the expansion chamber and the tank is worrying me. I have plastered the tank with heat reflective tape and have exhaust wrap to wrap the expansion chamber however when wrapped the tank and expansion chamber will probably touch. I was wondering if any E riders would post some pics of the clearance between the expansion chamber and the tank to see if mine is too close or just at a normal distance. Secondly, I believe my expansion chamber has been bent to make a different silencer fit which might be causing the clearance issue. The silencer looks quite stock however the flange seal where the expansion chamber bolts to the engine looks bent and alot of the rubber mounting lugs dot fit up properly. This conclusion was made by a mate of mine however I can see the same problems as he has involving the bent flange seal and the lugs not lining up. I am currently in contact with a bike wrecker who has all the plastics I need and hopefully should have them coming within a week. I am definitely going to post some pictures of the bike this weekend I just need to find some time.

Thanks