Hello peeps...

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Onethinbloke

Hello peeps...

Post by Onethinbloke »

Hi all,

I was pointed to join this forum by a very good old friend of mine, John Byrnn, who has recently sold me an '89 KMX200. To be fair the asking price for the little kwaker was well, I would have been a fool not to buy in so cheaply to a whole new world of off road fun...

I have been riding bikes various for over 30 years yet never properly done off road, i.e. using an off road bike for that porpoise as opposed to a road bike where the ride had run out... ;)

So as I say KMX was "sold' to me... John left me with a wedge of cash ten times the sp for the KMX... A few weeks later he came back to pick up "the Enterprise"... Moto Laverda RGS 1000, 1983. Frame # 1702 :) John has been after another Laverda triple for the last 28 years, since only doing 500 miles with a race prepped money pit (comme senza la moula!) Ora, tutte bene. :grin:

So after the polite preamble introduction bit, I will leap in and ask of your collective wisdom and experience...

Where is I best off scoring a new rear wheel rim for my KMX. It came with many spares... one of which was/is a rear hub, currently laced to a n other fucked rim: hence spare hub ;)

SO the rear wheel in situ to the little quacker is equally quacked...

Links to a GOOD source for a replacement rim that works and will be ready to fit spokes to will mucho appreciated. :) :)
And I will get the chance to do spoking of a wheel for the first time... Learning new **** is good :)

Ciao, ciao xx
James
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello peeps...

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums. Most of the folks on here are US based and we didn't get the KMX on this side so don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of quick responses. While it appears very similar to the SR KDX I can't say that for certain, hopefully some of our more knowledgeable members can chime in.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: Hello peeps...

Post by Jaguar »

there are a few KMXes down here in South America and they are a flimsy version of a KDX, something akin to a Yamha DT, OK for put-putting around on nice trails but nothing serious at all. I wouldn't own one when for a few dollars more you can have a good bike (KDX) that you can take on the gnarliest trails, MX it with jumps and all, and fix it up for power enough to race neck and neck with KTM's.
ps- sorry for the bad news. once you begin to get good at riding in the dirt then trade it in for a KDX.
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/