Rider from southwest Ohio

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KurtisHogue

Post by KurtisHogue »

Hey y'all,

I'm John and I'm new to the forum, obviously! I've been riding since I was about 5, my uncle and father are who got me involved with motorcycles, we all ride together! I've had all kinds of bikes and was never truly happy until I bought my kdx 220. I'm 20 now, I've had the bike for about 4 years now and I just recently took out the OEM piston (I like to live dangerously) and replaced it with a wisco. This was the first top end I've ever done and I heat cycled today and it ran fantastic. I'm doing my first moto GP in June and hope to get in some good practice before hand! Thanks for having me aboard!
-- The lower the latitude, the better the attitude -- :partyman:
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: Rider from southwest Ohio

Post by KDXohio »

Welcome!

I too am from southwest Ohio around Dayton.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KurtisHogue

Post by KurtisHogue »

Cool beans, I'm just north of Cincinnati.
TheRadBaron
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by TheRadBaron »

Welcome aboard. What town are you in? I grew up in Trenton and it was a great place to live. I have a lot of fond memories of tearing around on my '78 IT175. Not a KDX but a fine bike nonetheless.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I'm 20 minutes from Trenton there any places to ride there still?
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KurtisHogue

Post by KurtisHogue »

I live about 15 minutes from Trenton. The only place I can think of to ride anymore in Trenton, is the Trenton train trestle. Which is very dangerous.
KurtisHogue

Post by KurtisHogue »

But I've only heard that, I've never actually riden there before.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I usually go to hidden springs atv ranch or thrashing trails bought 45 minute drive used to ride happy hollow dirt park till they sold it
TheRadBaron
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by TheRadBaron »

Oh man, I loved that Trenton trestle. I rode there all the time in the 90s when I was in my early teens. I took a dual-sport trip out there by myself a few years ago and did some mild riding back at the trestle trails. I was on a modified '74 Yamaha XS650 street bike so I couldn't get too gnarly or venture too far.
It's been a long time since I've really ridden the trails back there so my memories of it are probably skewed by time and the fact that I was a fearless, dumbass kid when I was riding them but I don't remember them being any more dangerous than anywhere else. I had some of the best times in my life out there riding and camping.
What sort of danger is supposed to lurk out at the trestle?
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I'm going to have to check it out how do you get there?
KurtisHogue

Post by KurtisHogue »

Well I could be thinking of the railroad yards in Middletown, but I've heard several young teenagers died. Not all together of course, but they mostly have been ran over by trains. I'm not sure if the trestle is still an operating line if it's not then there is no danger!