From Alabama

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Nightwind15

From Alabama

Post by Nightwind15 »

Hi,
I am a 65 year old rider from North Carolina but live in Alabama. I raced moto-x back in the seventies and early eighties. After that did some cross country and enduro's. I just purchased a KDX200 2002 model that is reputed to be in great shape (getting it Saturday). I plan to go back to the woods for fun and competition with this bike. I was actually looking for an IT200 85 or 86 model but had no luck locating one. I chose the KDX based on what I read here about it. I will likely keep looking for an IT but hope the KDX stops my longing for the IT.

The KDX200 I found is bone stock and I will likely do some mod's to it based on what I have read here. Great website and glad I found it!

Thanks to all for the great posts and information here!

SLA
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: From Alabama

Post by KDXohio »

Welcome!

I got my KDX the same way! My dad has an 84 IT200 he bought new and that's what I learned to ride on. I settled for a 1990 KDX200 and have had no regrets I love the bike. Those IT's are impossible to find these days
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
Nightwind15

From Alabama

Post by Nightwind15 »

I plan on continuing to look for the IT. I road one back in my qualifier days. The thing is that most of the time when you go back its not what you remembered. We shall see! Nice to meet you!
yadkin creek
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by yadkin creek »

I am in my late 50's and I found a 86 IT200. I then got my 98 KDX200 I love both bikes. I think you will find that it will be worth getting one again mine was what I remembered. I ride both of them, part of me still loves to ride the air cooled 2 strokes of my younger days. I started riding in the late 60's and love to go back. I also have a 79 IT400, and a 82 IT465 the 400 runs and the 465 is a project. Hope to get an air cooled KDX200 one of these days also. Good luck in your search.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hello, and welcome to the forums. I am in north AL, myself.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Jnelson
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

From Alabama

Post by Jnelson »

Welcome! Another Alabama resident joins! We need to plan a ride for all Alabama members (or any that want to make a trip)! Stoney Lonesome maybe? I'm also a Northern Al resident.
2006 kdx200
2005 CRF50 (Son's)
offshoretitan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by offshoretitan »

I would be interested in joining you from Nashville.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

From Alabama

Post by ohgood »

Nightwind15 wrote:Hi,
I am a 65 year old rider from North Carolina but live in Alabama. I raced moto-x back in the seventies and early eighties. After that did some cross country and enduro's. I just purchased a KDX200 2002 model that is reputed to be in great shape (getting it Saturday). I plan to go back to the woods for fun and competition with this bike. I was actually looking for an IT200 85 or 86 model but had no luck locating one. I chose the KDX based on what I read here about it. I will likely keep looking for an IT but hope the KDX stops my longing for the IT.

The KDX200 I found is bone stock and I will likely do some mod's to it based on what I have read here. Great website and glad I found it!

Thanks to all for the great posts and information here!

SLA

Hey !

Kyle here, in Birmingham. I'm not a big advocate of Facebook, but Alabama Dirt Riders is active and has some great guys that race/wrench/play on dirt bikes, and help each other out a lot. Actually, ADR is the only reason I started a facebook account, if that tells you anything ;-)

Anyway, welcome to the world of kdx, and holler if/when you get around birmingham, I'll show you some trails. :supz: