hi all from the uk

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
zippy

hi all from the uk

Post by zippy »

hi guys my name is Jason and have bought a 220r and I am very pleased ,theres so much to learn on the bike etc
I will be doing a full rebuilt on it I think from looking on the forum I think the I need to check to see if it running a standard piston as it looks a weak point
ride safe
Jason
cornishwrecker220

hi all from the uk

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Hi Jason & welcome to the site....!

I too am from the UK ( cornwall ) & also ride a 220....

Which part of the UK are you from ?

Alan
zippy

Re: hi all from the uk

Post by zippy »

hi alan thanks for the welcome :grin: ia m based in Northamptonshire
good to see there a few uk supporters of the kdx
can I ask you a couple of questions as it bugging me mine is a usa import 2005 which it registered in the uk ,checked with a Kawasaki dealer in uk for parts etc gave him vin no and tells me its a 200h11 from vin no ??? the engine is a 220 . how does that sound good or bad .I am thinking all 200/220 were imports to the uk ?? just don't know
hope you can help even just a little bit
thanks Jason
cornishwrecker220

hi all from the uk

200 & 220s are identical except for the top end....cylinder, carb, head.....

Now If your kdx is a 2005 bike then it should have a black fuel tank & silver frame?

Also now I may be wrong but I thought Kawasaki dropped the 220 in 2003 ?

If your bike is a 2005 black tank & silver frame model then perhaps someone has fitted a 220 top end??

Don't worry if they did.......the 220 is still a cracking bike.
zippy

Post by zippy »

hi alan, mines a green frame and green tank ???
the dealer said it was a 200 frame h11 2005 model .I have come to the point its a 200 frame with a 220 engine in it but cannot be 100% as imported from usa
I am going to pull the top end down soon and change the piston for a wossner and do the kips service do you recommend anybody for a manual
thanks Jason
cornishwrecker220

hi all from the uk

Unless your kdx is 'road registered' & on a 05 plate I would say it's a 2000 & something model.... I wouldn't really worry too much about the year as they never really changed except for colours anyway.
Wossoner Pistons are excellent ( I've fitted one to mine ) use genuine gaskets though as they are not that expensive... I purchased a genuine Kawasaki manual but I've seen them on eBay ... Make sure you get the 220 supplement as well as the 200 ( 200 for bottom end 220 for top end )
Colincorse

Post by Colincorse »

Hi Guy's,

Yo Zippy I'm in Royston Hertfordshire,

Not too far for a blast?