Hey Guys

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Silverfox

Hey Guys

Post by Silverfox »

Bought a used 99 KDX 220 about a year and a half ago. First bike for me at 38 yrs old. Love it. Got it Jetted fairly well now thanks to this site. Did alot of research and decided on a Pro Circuit Platinum 2 pipe which is waiting to be put on. Will probably try the shim stack mod next as the forks do become harsh as I push harder. Anyways , great site!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hey Guys

Post by 6 Riders »

Welcome
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome. As a 220 owner there are 3 things you need to get the most out of your ride. 1. Change out the stock piston ASAP...really...it's that important 2. Jet the bike to your fuel and oil choices 3. Spring the suspension to your weight. The front and rear are unbalanced in stock trim and it will feel like a different bike once the right springs are in there doing the heavy lifting. Shim stack will help with valving, but until the right rate springs are installed the suspension will limit you.
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jjavaman »

Welcome aboard, I got my 220 a couple years ago after being off the dirt for 25+ years. I rode mine for 2 years before I swapped out the piston. My piston was fine, peace of mind more then anything.
I did the RB carb/head mod this year as well as the shim stack mod. The bike is night and day different with carb and head mod in a good way!! The shim stack mod was a huge improvement as well! Well worth the time. Sucks up roots and rocky terrain way better now. I still need to put stiffer fork springs in and will be getting them as well as new seals since I blew both fork seals last ride.
Enjoy your 220!
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Silverfox

Hey Guys

Post by Silverfox »

Thanks,

The bike had a new top end done before I bought it and I have the piston that was removed which still looks good.