Well used kdx in Upstate New York

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
chuck230e

Well used kdx in Upstate New York

Post by chuck230e »

well my names Charlie and i just got my first 1989 kdx200 running after buying it 6 months ago and i love it. figured its time to find somewhere i can get answers for these bikes since there are almost none around my area. i havent had a dirt-bike in 6 years and never had the money to get a really nice one since i had to buy a atv first for work and play. it was a craigslist find and when i was talking to the guys wife she told me it had a cracked head and hadn't been ridden in a couple years. went and looked at it and it was kinda beat up but i got it for $170 and took it home and tore it down. dont know why they though it had a cracked head because i looked it over and never found anything. the rings ended up being seized to the piston so i bought an new piston,rings,wrist pin, gaskets and put it back together(dont hate because i did do a light honing to the cylinder but the nikasil is still fine and within tolerances). This bike has a lot more power than i thought it would and now know why people love them. im 320lbs and it hauls me around no problem, will still wheelie 1st 2nd and 3rd no problem. only aftermarket item i can find is the pro circuit silencer and i think a different carb(its a keihin, idk if thats what these had the thing barely fits behind the head). thanks in advance for any info on these bikes i can find since im pretty useless when it comes to a 2 stroke