Howdy from a New Old Guy!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
DirtDaddy
Supporting Member

Howdy from a New Old Guy!

Post by DirtDaddy »

Hey Guys,
I'm a "40 Something" father of three, in the market for a new play bike. My last bike was a '00 WR400, which I really liked except for the starting routine and maybe a bit heavy. I hadn't even thought about a two-stroke until the local dealer told me about the KDX200's, and how they were a fantastic trail bike. Anyway, I'll be checking them out and will probably have a quite a few questions for y'all. Only problem I have with the site so far is the dark background and small print makes it a little hard to read for my tired eyes!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site! Fire away with the questions. We may be a bit biased on the KDX, but we know a good bit about them. Hopefully we can help you out. If you can tell us more about your riding skill level, riding terrain, weight, etc., we can give you a lot of good advice. Again, welcome to the site!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome aboard !! :partyman:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Something that may help is, in your browser, go to view then text size and choose largest.

Or, you can click on the green printer icon at the top of every thread and it will give you the standard black and white text view.

I hope this will not keep you away from the site, there are a lot of very knowledgable guys but they are a strange bunch! :mrgreen: (Just kidding)

Welcome to the site and ask away! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I already tried the larger text setting in IE, and that doesn't work. The printer version doesn't change, either.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Your right... I just assumed! :oops: Damn php!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Resolution change works though! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Just a little info for ya DD.

I have not all that long ago had a cornael graft and my vision is still on the mend. The thing I find easiet is to basically highlight the text you are trying to read by dragging a square around the text while holding your left mouse button. It highlights it with a blue background and white text. I find it alot easier to read that way. Cheers... Trev... :partyman:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

The other side is the same way...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

On my Mac using Safari I just increase font size, and presto! :partyman:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Gee, guys. Make him feel REAL old whatwith all the ADA font junk....;)

Yeah. It is cool how the smaller, larger, largest setting of IE don't do squat, 'eh? Thanks, Mr. Bill!!

Welcome to the site!! Have fun!! (with your new KDX...)

BTW...something to look forward to...

From someone considerably older'n YOU....it gets worse!!! :wink:

BTW summore...the res change Inda mentions is changing your screen properties to a lower resolution...say from 1280x960 to 1024x768. RC (right click) on your desktop, choose <properties><settings>. A restart of your machine may be required.

Yes, a lower res setting may cause a screen to not FIT...you may have to use scroll bars...BUT, the font will be larger!!

You can make the fonts larger using the ADA-sorta Windows stuff, too...

Maybe try the <appearance> settings in display properties to change the color of things.........

OK..I'm done........:)

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!