New guy here and new owner in western NC

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

What's going on everyone? My name is Jared.... I live here in the beautiful mountains of western NC towards Asheville, and today just purchased my first dirt bike, a 2000 KDX 200. I've ridden before but always rode my friends extra KTM 200 EXC that he never rode anymore. He's been working a lot lately though and I wanted to get something of my own anyways. I only do woods riding, and in my digging around it seemed everything pointed to the KDX as being an awesome reliable woods bike, so that's what i found. Drove up to Collinsville, VA today and picked this bad boy up that I had found on craigslist. Pretty clean bike.... I don't think I got too bad of a deal on it, especially this time of year

Pics kinda suck as it was getting dark and the weather was pretty crappy..... rain all day, turned sleet, turned snow....yuck!

Anyways I'll get some better pics tomorrow once I get it off the trailer. If anybody is around the WNC area let me know :grin:

This is my first dirt bike and first 2 stroke, so I've definitely got lots of learning to do. Gonna have to pick up a service manual and get to reading. And get reading around here too..... I'm sure there's some oil threads around here somewhere, lol

This is my other ride too..... 2004 CBR 600 F4i. I bought it new back in Oct 2004..... it's currently a little over 291,000 miles and running strong. Did I mention I LOVE to ride? :razz:

Love me some trackdays too

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New guy here and new owner in western NC

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Welcome, and congrats on your new wheels! I'm also in WNC, just outside of Boone.
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

Great KDX and congrats. Did you say 291,000 miles on your CBR?! Awesome and well done keeping up with the maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IDRIDR »

Sullyfam wrote:Great KDX and congrats. Did you say 291,000 miles on your CBR?! Awesome and well done keeping up with the maintenance.

No kidding! That's impressive.
2003 KDX 220. RB Carb & Head Mods. Desert pipe. She's a runner!
2006 KLX 250 w/351 big bore. A well-sorted dual sporter.
2006 KLR 650. Mostly stock.
2014 Suzuki DL1000.
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Thanks guys! And yea that is indeed correct, lol..... it's definitely been one hell of a great bike. Never once let me down or left me stranded. Still on the original clutch too :grin:

Kinda cheesy but this is a little video I made a couple years ago when it turned 200k.... it's only a 5 digit odo so it resets back to 00000 every time. Video quality kinda sucks (upload fail...ugh) but you get the idea. Don't mind the banjo music, lol

https://vimeo.com/34062690

Got a little better pic of the KDX too after I got her off the trailer..... here at work with me today

dingerjunkie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dingerjunkie »

Pretty...makes me want a "little brother" to my 250.
Theory and Practice are ALWAYS identical...theoretically...
http://www.fire-fx.net
...your theater is on...
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

Just my opinion, but I would attach the front ratchet straps to the bars and not the "bark busters." I would hate for one of the "bark busters" to work loose going down the highway.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

G22inSC wrote:Just my opinion, but I would attach the front ratchet straps to the bars and not the "bark busters." I would hate for one of the "bark busters" to work loose going down the highway.
Ahhhh good point..... they did feel good and solid but I suppose anything can happen. Noted for next time :wink:
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Julien D wrote:Welcome, and congrats on your new wheels! I'm also in WNC, just outside of Boone.
Awesome.... I'm not too far away. I work in Morganton.... about 25 miles west of Hickory. We'll have to try and get together sometime :grin:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I was actually born in Morganton! Didn't live there very long, though. We usually hit Brown Mountain OHV which is not far from there. There's also Brushy Mtn, which is probably my favorite. It's in taylorsville, sort of halfway between hickory and north wilkesboro.
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Julien D wrote:I was actually born in Morganton! Didn't live there very long, though. We usually hit Brown Mountain OHV which is not far from there. There's also Brushy Mtn, which is probably my favorite. It's in taylorsville, sort of halfway between hickory and north wilkesboro.
Oh yea?? Well dang... small world indeed! haha. Brown Mtn is where my buddy Scott and I usually always rode at.... we just got the season pass. I like Brown Mtn quite a bit, though there's still some stuff there that's still a little ahead of my skill level, lol. Been to Brushy once too (actually only my second time out when we went there, and it started poouurring rain. I crashed sooooo many times). Definitely will be going back at some point though. If you can let me know when you guys plan on heading out to either, I may tag along if I can :grin: