Hi Folks...

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Grub

Hi Folks...

Post by Grub »

Firstly, excellent forum you guys have here. I'm sure I'll gain a lot of knowledge from it!

Ok, So I'm Grub, a 40-something who's just returned to bikes after 20 years. (mid-life crisis the Mrs reckons).

I've recently acquired an '87 KDX 200. She's in good nick and starts first kick, so considering I paid the princely sum of £0 for her I'm chuffed to bits.

In the past all of my bikes have been 4-stroke, so getting my head around 'mixing' is my first challenge. (after I find where the 2-stroke tank is situated).

I read on another similar forum that there could be a .PDF manual for the 200 on here somewhere...?

So yeah, that's me. - I look forward to learning a lot from you good folk!

All the best.

Grub.
ArkAngel

Re: Hi Folks...

Post by ArkAngel »

Welcome
KDX 200
KDX 250
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jjavaman »

Hi Grub, you mix the gas and oil in your gas can and pour the mixed fuel into the gas tank. There is no premix tank. There is a link to the manual in the top left cornor of the home page.
Have fun!
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Welcome to KDXRIDER, and thanks for the compliments! Congrats on your new bike. Be aware of flywheel issues with it, that's the big weak point on the C models. I do not believe Cyclepedia has an online version of the service manual for the C series bikes, so you might be stuck sourcing one out via a dealer, or on Ebay.