Konnichiwa!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Beer!
Supporting Member

Konnichiwa!

Post by Beer! »

Hey folks,
New owner of an old bike near Tokyo Japan. Recently traded bikes with a friend of mine and he got the bigger one, but I think I got the better one. Lovin this little 89 KDX 200 SR (Japan Model) and lots of questions to come I am sure. I am not a newcomer to the internet so I will always attempt to do a search first but sometimes I may ask something that was redundant if I cant find any info. So I apologize in advance. Been riding for about 25 years now, but this is my first foray into the actual dirt scene in about 17 of those years. So far I am having trouble finding propper parts and info on it for the most part. Thats hopefully where this forum comes in. Looking forward to the chats and pics and info.
Arrigattou!
Beer!
Supporting Member

Konnichiwa!

Post by Beer! »

Couple Poseur shots.

JFortner5
Supporting Member

Konnichiwa!

Post by JFortner5 »

Nice bike and scenery. That thing is so clean.
Joey

2003 KDX 220R
Beer!
Supporting Member

Re: Konnichiwa!

Post by Beer! »

Thanks man, yeah she has some age spots here and there but beauty for how old. Already starting the upgrades, fmf fatty pipe just recieved, unfortunately its the US model and was held by springs and this one is bolted with a flange at the cylinder, Chopping and welding Friday for some hopeful gains, then carb and reeds, and gotta check the KIPS adjustment after, from partial throttle to power band it kind of bogs a bit much, but that's why I am here, already read tons of good info on how to improve her. probably wont stay clean for long in my barn hahahah.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Konnichiwa!

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Welcome!

Love the SR's.
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Let me know how much of an update the pipe makes. I also have an SR and have been wanting to get my hands on a pipe for a while, but I'm aware of the required "mods". I hear it's still an improvement over stock though.
Beer!
Supporting Member

Post by Beer! »

Bitteeinit wrote:Let me know how much of an update the pipe makes. I also have an SR and have been wanting to get my hands on a pipe for a while, but I'm aware of the required "mods". I hear it's still an improvement over stock though.
Will Do thanks for the welcome!
Beer!
Supporting Member

Konnichiwa!

Post by Beer! »

GI_JO_NATHAN wrote:Welcome!

Love the SR's.
Thank you!
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Oops... I meant "upgrade", not update...
Ed Up

Post by Ed Up »

I have a 90 E 200 and added the Fatty, with recommended jets, and Vforce reeds. This thing woke up and appears to have 1.5 times the power through all RPM's. Almost scary, no regrets.
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Good to hear. SR models are a bit different as the carb is different as well. Jaguar knows a lot about them. The problem is I don't have the stock SR carb anymore (no clue about jets), so I sometimes think I would be better off just getting a 95+ from the US. That way I would know what I'm starting with. My bike runs great, but it's been butchered a bit so though I'm sure a new pipe would wake it up, I'm a bit reluctant to drop some cash on it as getting a hold of needles here is a bit difficult and might not even make a big difference if the carb is too different (pretty sure I have a carb from a 250). Still, I've been looking for a used pipe for months now, haha.
Beer!
Supporting Member

Post by Beer! »

Yeah, I meant to get out and check my carb this afternoon for identifying marks, but since this bike was so clean and everything is origional, I doubt the carb was changed, I know we have a smaller one on the SR, but it looks that they are affordable for the better ones, about 90 USD, not bad, I plan on getting the recommended jets, then a couple up and a couple down sizes and play with em until I am happy, and yes, the v-force tripple reeds are not a bad price either compared to the Boysen and the other italian sounding one. First things first though, pipe gets spliced tomorrow!! :supz:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Welcome to KDXRider, great looking bike! I want an SR just for the oil injection. I love that setup on my F11. The pipe should make a huge difference.
Beer!
Supporting Member

Post by Beer! »

Thank you, Well I woke up today ready to go to the fab shop for some cuts and sparks, and there is 4 inches of snow on the ground and still going. IT NEVER SNOWS IN TOKYO! hahah well I loaded the bike in the van instead, having a drink and waiting it out. In the meantime I got trigger happy and ordered the Kehin 35mm carb and a V force 3 reed setup off ebay. I've been stuck in the house 5 hours, I blame it on cabin fever if the wife asks. :supz: Any suggestion as to where to buy jets for a good price for what we need on these?