First dirt bike KDX 200 2006 Hamasaki 2

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
RustyHama

Post by RustyHama »

Hi KDX lovers. I bought myself a new to me KDX 200 trail bike for Christmas. I paid 2k NZD for it, a pretty good deal as most go for around 4. I've cleaned it up worked through most of the things on the new to me list up to a fresh plug, I won't pull the carb till winter. I've added some graphics so it looks good to my eyes. I'm loving the riding too but surprised how hard work it is! I'm all over KDX rider and looking forward to conversations with fellow enthusiasts. I'll add some pics when I figure out how. :grin:

Cheers
Hama

Photos below of my '06 KDX200 & '82 KZ305 Cafe Racer

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: First dirt bike KDX 200 2006 Hamasaki 2

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Neat bikes.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Agreed. Very cool bikes!

Incidentally I just took those graphics off the bike I bought.. Lol
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KDXBADASS

Post by KDXBADASS »

Welcome and Nice Bikes!!!!
RustyHama

Post by RustyHama »

An update... My first season of trail rides is over. I go 4 organised trail rides in and probably about 5 or 6 visits to our local dirt bike park for shakedowns & general riding practice. In that time I've done a few things to the bike & my riding has improved so by the final trail ride things really came together. This is what I did to the bike:

Cleaned it thoroughly replaced any hardware store nut & bolts then put on a sweet graphics kit! :boogie:
New tires & wheel bearings - the old bearings would hardly turn
New Air filter & tranny oil & new spark plug (ooops wrong kind)
Lubed up the head set bearings just with WD40 to get them moving freely - they were stiff as hell.
Dismantled & cleaned both brake callipers as I had horrendous brake drag. That exercise cost me a trail ride as I could not get any pressure into the front brake despite trying all night. I purchased a fluid pump in the morning & pumped the fluid in from the bottom, that got it sorted easily.
Then I dismantled & cleaned carb, she ran way better after that. That's also about when I put the correct plug in!
Then I rejetted the carbs (I have a pro circuit platinum 2 pipe & 304 silencer) I think I'm down to a 42 in the pilot & 155 on the main and set the air screw etc.

All these things have made the bike a lot easier to ride. Way more torque down in the lower revs before the KIPS opens up. :twisted:
I found on my last ride that I was way more relaxed & in control on the bike. I knew what gear I was in and what gear I needed to be in. I found keeping the revs just at the point where the KIPS was opening was perfect as a wee tweak of the throttle opened them right up for instant extra power which was perfect for driving right through the slippery rutted surface.
I could easily pass my mate on his old WR400 and my two crazy mates, one on a TM250 2T and the other on a KTM300 2T both had to push hard to catch up to me if the did at all!
I was stoked, I felt like I was in the zone and when we stopped on the trail the boys were laughing cos old Hama was on fire out there! :supz:
2 days after that my Vforce 3 reed valves arrived, I'll put em in soon, watch this space!

Hama
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Is it too hot to ride or illegal or what??

Good job on getting it better suited for you.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

He's un Kiwiland, so their winter is starting I assume.