New kdx220 central valley CA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kiddreamr

Post by Kiddreamr »

I have a suzuki drz400 and road my buddies rm250 recently, I forgot just how heavy the drz is. I loved riding the rm. It reminded me of my 81 yz250 I had as a teenager. I started researching 2 stroke trail bikes and found a pretty clean 02 kdx220 in my area and bought it. I am still keeping the drz for a future TAT ride but in the meantime I am loving the lightness of this bike plus the sound and smell of 2 stroke :supz:
-Cliff
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New kdx220 central valley CA

Post by s10gto »

Welcome Cliff! Just make sure that 220 doesn't still have a OEM piston. They can explode without warning.
KDXBADASS

Post by KDXBADASS »

Welcome to the forum. What part of Central Valley are you from. I live in Merced. I had a 04 220 and many other bikes since. I found a 96 200 and am loving it!!!! Maybe I'll see you on the trail? I ride Mariposa a lot
Kiddreamr

Post by Kiddreamr »

PO said he replaced the piston. Over the winter I plan on taking it down to the frame and check/clean/lube everything.
Im in Modesto, maybe this summer we can meet up and do some riding. I never rode Maraposa area and I could show you my spots.
-Cliff
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Kiddreamr wrote:PO said he replaced the piston.
KEY word right there, no receipt, it didn't happen.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type