Newbie in Illinois

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
panici33

Newbie in Illinois

Post by panici33 »

Hey Guys,

I've been riding and racing 4 stroke quads for about 15 years, and I needed a change. Long story short, I decided on getting a 2 stroke, street legal, dirt bike for the cheap maintenance and fun factor for me but still capable of riding around with the kids. I did a lot of reading on here and elsewhere. I have to be honest I was trying to decide between a KTM or a KDX, and with some of the posts I read on this forum I decided on the KDX. Just today, I picked up this street legal 2005 KDX 200. I wanted a street legal bike to do some dual sports...and to be different. I am anxious to dig into this one and do some riding. Let me know what you think, and if anyone is riding in Illinois or Wisconsin.

jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Newbie in Illinois

Post by jjavaman »

Braaap
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Newbie in Illinois

Post by kx200 »

looks good if you do a lot of street riding put on a 15 tooth front sprocket
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Newbie in Illinois

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome, never look back to 4-strokes or quads! Albeit the KDX isn't the smoothest street machine....FUN though!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Newbie in Illinois

Post by turtle »

Hey, welcome to the site! Great looking KDX there. I am from IL, down by Peoria. Closest decent place we go day riding is Brushy Ridge in Astoria, IL but honestly I go to Missouri just as often. I've done some dual sports north of here (and west of you) - Geneseo, Leaf River, Morrison. All are a blast. Maybe I'll see you at one of them in '15.
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
fritzl65

Newbie in Illinois

Post by fritzl65 »

Welcome
I am for the Okupied City State of Tschikago by the Lake...
NW side near Ohare
Where do you ride?
I am fairly new and the only "Near" place we have ( my 10 and 11 year old sons) have gone is at the Bong REcreational Area in Wisconsin...
Beer!
Supporting Member

Post by Beer! »

Welcome from another newb, I grew up on the south side of Chicago and just visited the parents a couple weeks back in monee, they went south, I went east and now live near tokyo. I do miss the wide open spaces and abundance of land to play on. Cheers!
panici33

Post by panici33 »

fuzzy wrote:Welcome, never look back to 4-strokes or quads! Albeit the KDX isn't the smoothest street machine....FUN though!
I'm sure I'll have another quad in the future.
panici33

Newbie in Illinois

Post by panici33 »

turtle wrote:Hey, welcome to the site! Great looking KDX there. I am from IL, down by Peoria. Closest decent place we go day riding is Brushy Ridge in Astoria, IL but honestly I go to Missouri just as often. I've done some dual sports north of here (and west of you) - Geneseo, Leaf River, Morrison. All are a blast. Maybe I'll see you at one of them in '15.
I've seen some YouTube footage of the Leaf River stuff and it looks fun. I've done some flattrack racing Pekin, near Peoria but never heard of Brushy Ridge.
panici33

Newbie in Illinois

Post by panici33 »

fritzl65 wrote:Welcome
I am for the Okupied City State of Tschikago by the Lake...
NW side near Ohare
Where do you ride?
I am fairly new and the only "Near" place we have ( my 10 and 11 year old sons) have gone is at the Bong REcreational Area in Wisconsin...
My father owns a shop in Milton, WI. We've done some riding at black river falls. Fox Valley is usually where we go but looking for something new. There is suppose to be a bunch of trails opening up in Illinois soon, according to my AMA magazine and I'm hoping it's part of the Kankakee River State Park, which is by my house.
panici33

Post by panici33 »

My old ride...

[imgImage][/img]
panici33

Post by panici33 »

turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

Yep been to Pekin m/c races and belong to Peoria m/c club. Lots of off road riders in the club. Leaf is fun. Brushy Ridge is near Astoria about 1.5 hr west of Peoria

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE