New KDX Owner W Central Indiana

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Random Ride

Post by Random Ride »

Just and old slow guy that needed something a bit more offroad oriented than my Super Tenere :shock: I recently picked up this 1994 200 that's had a few things done to it and has been taken care of, for the most part. It's got a couple of goodies on it and the suspension was recently redone by Fredette Racing. I need to spend a little time repacking the silencer and jetting it, but it's very rideable as is. Here she is in all of her glory.

ImageImage
Geologically surveying the Earth one face plant at a time.
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: New KDX Owner W Central Indiana

Post by turtle »

Welcome! Pretty clean looking ride you've got there. I'm from Central IL. Where do you like to ride?
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

COOL!!

Welcome to the forums!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

Looks like you are missing a case saver on your front sprocket. Cheap to add, expensive when it's missing and you need it! :yawinkle:
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
Random Ride

Post by Random Ride »

turtle wrote:Looks like you are missing a case saver on your front sprocket. Cheap to add, expensive when it's missing and you need it! :yawinkle:
That's on the buy list for sure. Been looking for something billet instead of stock.
turtle wrote:Welcome! Pretty clean looking ride you've got there. I'm from Central IL. Where do you like to ride?
Around the house for now. Will take it to Attica and Redbird once I remember how to ride in the dirt again. Lol.
motoracerx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by motoracerx »

turtle wrote:Welcome! Pretty clean looking ride you've got there. I'm from Central IL. Where do you like to ride?
Around the house for now. Will take it to Attica and Redbird once I remember how to ride in the dirt again. Lol.[/quote]

There's haspin acres in southeast Indiana.
Random Ride

Post by Random Ride »

motoracerx wrote:
Around the house for now. Will take it to Attica and Redbird once I remember how to ride in the dirt again. Lol.
There's haspin acres in southeast Indiana.[/quote]

Too far of a haul for me. I live 5 miles from the Indiana Illinois border.
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Gotanubike »

Very nice '94! I love the "dressed up" look on these bikes with everything from the bark buster, frame guards and tool bag the look they're ready to tackle the Amazon!
1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Very nice looking bike! I'd (personally) take the rear fender off and gold plate it, since you can't buy them anymore. Maier makes a nice rear fender w/o the light to use while your learning how to break fenders :lol: .
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

Random Ride wrote:
turtle wrote:Looks like you are missing a case saver on your front sprocket. Cheap to add, expensive when it's missing and you need it! :yawinkle:
That's on the buy list for sure. Been looking for something billet instead of stock.
Ha. I've never heard of Redbird before. Checked it out on the web and it looks pretty interesting. About 3.5 hours from home. Might have to give it a try some day.
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Attica is about 70 miles from my house straight shot down 41. We should meet up sometime. I don't get out much either with 2 young kids I am always looking for a reason to go riding.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER