I'm new

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
niemann78

I'm new

Post by niemann78 »

names brandon. I bought a 06 kdx200h this past weekend for $600. Prior to this bike, I owned an 06 kx450f. Awesome bike in the open and amazing power but sucked for creek riding which i like the most. After riding my cousins exc 200 i knew i needed a 2stroke. my kdx idles good and runs ok. It bogs out when i try to rap it up. Also needs some comestic work. found this website and hoping it will shed some lights on the 200s.
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: I'm new

Post by Sullyfam »

Welcome and you will find a wealth of knowledge here. I know I have.

When you say "rap it up" I am assuming you mean get on the throttle from half open to full open - sort of like exiting a turn into a open spot. If that's the case then it sounds like a jetting issue (main jet). Do you happen to know what size jets are in the carb? Also, before you mess with the actual jetting make sure your inflow (air filter) and out flow (reeds and exhaust) are all in order. Then put in a new spark plug and make sure your carb is clean, floats are right height and fuel is flowing properly. Otherwise you will just chase your tail. There is a great post here on how to jet your bike. Follow it and you should be good to go.

There are all kinds of things you should consider checking on a used, but new to you, bike. Most are pretty straight forward, but I often find that the rear suspension linkage/swing arm is the most neglected part of any used bike. So I would pull all that off and make sure the bearings are good and then repack with grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
niemann78

I'm new

Post by niemann78 »

I was planning on going through the bike and follow the maintenance write up I found on
here. Thanks for the post man!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: I'm new

Post by Julien D »

Nice deal on an 06, in cany case. Congrats on your new bike, and for finding us here! I'm sure you'll have questions moving forward, but in the meantime you have plenty of reading to do.

Welcome to KDXRIDER!
J.