My first KDX 200......1989

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
burnie43

My first KDX 200......1989

Post by burnie43 »

Hi from a wet Scotland
I'm having another mid life crisis so I bought a nice 89 KDX200 initially to mess around off road but I am hoping to make it road legal,,,,,,,
Can anyone tell me the best place to find an online manual for it and what 2strokr oil is recommended?
Thanks guys
Cheers :toimonster:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: My first KDX 200......1989

Post by Julien D »

I directed you toward an online service manual in your other post. As for 2t oil, choose something that is readily available in you area. Ideally a synthetic oil, but conventional oil will work just fine. Any quality name brand 2 stroke oil will work, but something specifically designed for 2 strokes with powervalves is ideal. Is your bike the R or SR (oil injected) version? That will also make a difference in what oil you should choose....
burnie43

Post by burnie43 »

Julien
I'm not sure what model it is......how can I tell?
cheers and thanks for the reply
Burnie43
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

the SR has speedometer and originally had turn signals (although they may be missing if someone was using it for the dirt).
the SR has an oil tank and an oil injection hose going to the carburetor manifold.
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
burnie43

Post by burnie43 »

Thanks Jaguar
No it looks like it has never had a speedo or turn lights, although I'm gonna try and fit those if I can
Cheers