New Oregon KDX owner!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New Oregon KDX owner!

Post by TAT2 »

Hey all,

Thanks for allowing me to join! Great site! I am brand new to the KDX. It's my first "real" dirt bike and first 2 smoker! I bought it you ride the trails here in Oregon and become a better off-road rider. I also wanted a bike that I could work on to be more knowledgable about dirt bike maintenance and carbs.

Here is a pic of my 2001 KDX220 that I picked up today! I will say thanks in advance for answering all of my soon to be asked stupid questions.

turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New Oregon KDX owner!

Post by turtle »

Looks great! Welcome to the site. Ask away. I know I have asked some dumb ones, but I have found the answers are pretty much always helpful.
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Oregon KDX owner!

Post by bufftester »

Welcome. Looks like you're already ahead of the game a bit, I see an FMF pipe/silencer. Hopefully the PO replaced the stock piston along the way. COngrats on the purchase and have fun.
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: New Oregon KDX owner!

Post by TAT2 »

bufftester wrote:Welcome. Looks like you're already ahead of the game a bit, I see an FMF pipe/silencer. Hopefully the PO replaced the stock piston along the way. COngrats on the purchase and have fun.
Thanks! I bought it from the second owner and he did not know if the original owner did a top end on it..... And I do not know how to tell? Yes the FMF sounds great! Aftermarket Ceet(?) seat and renthals. It's running 13/45 gearing on the original chain ( guessing....no masterlink?). Needs a new chain and sprockets once I figure out what I need for trail riding gears....

I am trying to read how to jet it or at least check the jetting to see what jets are in it. I am carbtarded.
It seems a little stumbled down low but runs better up top. Not sure if this is 2 stroke normal?

I started reading the "new to the KDX" thread.....wow! I have a lot to learn!! This site is amazing!!

T