New member from Bristol, UK

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Brick_Top

Post by Brick_Top »

After a 2 year break from motorcycling I want to start getting back in to trail riding again.

Are there many UK members on these forums? Ideally I am looking for a bike I can get fairly cheap and do a bit of work on.

Cheers.
Morgan01

Re: New member from Bristol, UK

Post by Morgan01 »

Hi mate have just picked up a kdx 220 thinking along the same lines, I'm in Wales and managed to buy the bike easy enough but since having it have struggled to find anywhere that can supply parts, eBay has plenty but they are all American.
Brick_Top

Post by Brick_Top »

That is a pain isn't it? Import tax is not nice. Nor is the wait for the parts.

What specifically are you struggling to get hold of? Engine parts? I know you can get Wiseco kits from a UK importer...

C
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Good luck on the purchase.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Morgan01

Post by Morgan01 »

I picked my kdx up from a little shop up in Ledbury, about 20mins from ross on wye, try 'motorbikes4all' in a search engine they had a couple of older kdx there and he's a tidy bloke.
I have seen those pistons on eBay but I ain't gone for one yet, iv read that I should be getting this stock piston out ASAP. I've looked for some plastics like the lower fork gaurds and other bits n bobs and I always end up on the same American sites! Anyways check out the website and let me know how your getting on searching for a bike :shock: :rolleyes:
Brick_Top

Post by Brick_Top »

Contact these guys for a piston kit: http://www.wiseco.co.uk/ they will import it for you and you won't have to pay the import tax.

I would like to know how much it comes to. I think you need Piston, gasket set, rings, wrist pin and bearing. A quick search of the Q and A section will clarify. That piston is a time bomb mate so get it out before doing any more miles on it.

The lower fork guards I would've thought you could get some generic aftermarket ones...

I have seen motorbikes4all on eBay, I'm looking for a private sale really and something I can rebuild over a few months so want to buy cheap...

C
Morgan01

Post by Morgan01 »

Ok I'll contact them and let you knw how I get on, thanks for the link
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by dude541 »

welcome to the site guys,
I am in the UK, and haven't had an issue with parts, only stuff I have imported was a specific exhaust, rear fender, all my other parts ( and I am talking lots off ) are all from the UK.
Best regards
John

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome. As you have already seen, we have quite a few active UK members on here.