Greetings

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
teemgreen17

Greetings

Post by teemgreen17 »

Hello! Teemgreen17 from MS here. Just trying to find my way around on here. Posted a topic about KLX fork conversion. Hope to hear from someone who has done this to see how they like it. Owner of 3 bikes. 95 KDX 200, 02 KDX 220 (son's bike) and newest project 99 KDX 220. Pics to post soon.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Greetings

Post by diymirage »

welcome aboard (was just about to read the fork swap post so no suggestions there yet)

sounds like your building a nice stable
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Greetings

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on having the KDX's!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
teemgreen17

Greetings

Post by teemgreen17 »

Thanks guys. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who's done the KLX fork conversion. Hoping to have mine done before Loretta's Fall Trail Ride. If you haven't been there you must go! An amazing trail ride and all around experience. My 200 carried me places I just knew I wasn't gonna climb. The 220 is gonna be even better.
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Greetings

Post by turtle »

teemgreen17 wrote:Thanks guys. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who's done the KLX fork conversion. Hoping to have mine done before Loretta's Fall Trail Ride. If you haven't been there you must go! An amazing trail ride and all around experience. My 200 carried me places I just knew I wasn't gonna climb. The 220 is gonna be even better.
Welcome! I have a 220 and like it - it's a tractor. I know I have read about a few KLX conversions on here and I recall seeing feedback on them. A search might give you some results and hopefully some folks will respond to your post too.

I did the KX conversion. The KLX conversion is a lot more straighforward as I understand it, but both should give you some improvements. Depends what you are trying to accomplish of course. Looking forward to the pics!
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE