Greetings from California

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Green-monkey

Post by Green-monkey »

Joined the forum to learn more from all of you. Really want to get a kdx to explore Cali trails, contemplating a dual sport to maximize access to trails.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Greetings from California

Post by diymirage »

welcome aboard
the KDX will be great on the trails and with minor suspension mods it is still a very competitive bike

there are plated KDXs out there but from what I hear California is not a very friendly state when it comes to 2-smokers
your best bet is to find one already plated

(having a plated KDX myself I can vouch for how much fun they are)
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Green-monkey

Post by Green-monkey »

From what I understand ca used to allow dual sport conversions until 2004. Now, no off-road bikes are allowed to be converted to street legal. Additionally, ca does not allow 2 strokes to be ridden in trails designated for OHV unless 2002 or older (if I am mistaken please correct me). Therefore need a plated kdx to enjoy. I have to keep asking myself why I stay in this state. I am hoping to find an already plated one that I can pick up. The purchase will be somewhat in the future as I read through this site and learn about this great bike.

One question I have is "does the bike have to be plated in ca or can I get one from a neighboring state?"