Hello KDX Rider!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
butters69

Hello KDX Rider!

Post by butters69 »

Used to have a 95 KDX 200, but after the fork seals went out I decided to do a swap (which is why I signed here in the first place), and discouraged by machine work and stuff I decided to sell my KDX and get a KX 250. I thought it'd be good with a big flywheel weight and maybe a gear swap and some armor. I blew it up my first ride and rebuilt it only to run into more isssues. So I've given up on that bike, and since my dad just bought himself a new bike he gave me his 01 KDX 200 for the cost of whatever I sell the KX for. Lucky me since the forks were just tore apart and seals and oil replaced.

So I'm officially a KDX rider again, and hopefully forever. I don't remember doing a proper introduction of myself when I signed up years ago since all I wanted from you guys was access to your fork swap section. I'm better now though and would genuinely like to be an active part of this community. My name is Chace (sounds like chase) Butterworth and I live and ride in the Pacific Northwest in the Tillamook Forest, Upper Nestucca Area, and East For Rock (also called China Hat). My bike currently has the FMF Gnarly (lil beat up) and FMF Turbine Core 2 silencer along with a cut airbox lid, and I assume Boysen reed (saw a sticker, but haven't looked at them myself). I haven't checked my jet yet, but my needle is middle clip position. The only other thing I can think of is I put a magura hydraulic clutch on, but I didn't notice much of a difference in the pull.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Hello KDX Rider!

Post by diymirage »

welcome Chase

you know, if you take the KDX200 engine and drop it in the KX frame you got about the best woods bike never made
sounds like the KDX is set up pretty good though, be sure to jet her properly for the mods that are on it
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
butters69

Post by butters69 »

Do all the mounts fit up correctly? I might be able to convince my dad to let me do that and part out the rest. Would I have to use the rear tire? I only ask because it's a 19" and my KDX has an 18" I always heard 18" gets less flats.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

You can use the KDX rear tire, but you have to use the KX front tire with the KX front end. The usual setup is a KX125 frame with a 200 motor, the 250 frame cradle is slightly larger and may present some pipe fitment issues, but it has and can be done. You would have to weld new engine mounts (just as with any hybrid).